Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

A couple cooks at the Midwest Eggfest

We first started out cooking a couple whole chickens. I forgot to take a picture but not too hard to imagine. We needed chicken for the buffalo chicken french bread and crepes.

We first served the buffalo chicken french bread. I did manage to get a couple pictures of this cook.

The second cook was the pulled chicken, spinach, cream cheese crepes.

The final cook was PB&J Frosted Flakes. I forgot pictures of them. They were gone as fast as they hit the table. No matter your age everyone has a little kid in them with PB&J's.

A fun and enjoyable event. A big thanks to the staff at Poolside for hosting. I was able to pick up a newer thicker Kick Ash Basket compared to my old one with the gift certificate they gave cooks. 

Thanks for looking!

Comments

• bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 16,627
    Buffalo chicken french bread looks incredible.  Looks like you turned out some great grub.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • WeberWhoWeberWho Posts: 6,443
    Thanks bgebrent! Always fun talking with other eggheads. We even had some Texans up this way that bought a Green Egg that they were going to travel back down south with. 
  • blind99blind99 Posts: 4,264
    Good stuff! Where was that eggfest?
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • Would like to hear more about the buffalo chicken boat.
    Stillwater, MN
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 11,278
    Nicely done, sir. 

I need some deets about the PB&J things.  Sounds like something I need in my life.  

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    blind99 said:
    Good stuff! Where was that eggfest?
    Thank you much blind99! It's held in the Twin Cities.  
    Would like to hear more about the buffalo chicken boat.
    @StillH2OEgger

http://carlsbadcravings.com/buffalo-chicken-dip-recipe/

edited September 2017
    caliking said:
    Nicely done, sir. 

I need some deets about the PB&J things.  Sounds like something I need in my life.  
    @caliking
    I can't take any credit as @Fred19Flintstone posted them 4 years ago here on the forum. I've made them the last 4 years during the Eggfest and we get a line when doing them. I can't tell you how many people stroll over to our table and ask if we are making them again this year. Stupid simple and by far the most compliments of any cook we do. Nothing like spending an hour plus on prep for another cook and everybody wants to know when the PBJ's will be served! ;)

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1156538/peanut-butter-jelly-crusted-french-toasted-sandwiches-on-the-baking-steel-pix-oplenty
  • blastingblasting Posts: 5,655

Nice work @WeberWho  - looks great
    Phoenix 
  • I bought my egg from the Eggfest last year and I remember your PB&J Frosted Flakes.  I thought they seemed strange, but they were really good.  I didn't go this year because I was building shelving in my shed, but I did stop by the store to get some Egg Mates and some Dizzy Pig Peking rub.
    Large BGE

Minneapolis, MN
  • FockerFocker Posts: 8,364
    Buffalo boats and crepes look great V!

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Going to have to try the buffalo bread. Looks great!
    EggMcMcc
    Central Illinois
    First L BGE July 2016, RecTec, Traeger, Weber, Campchef
    Second BGE, a MMX, February 2017
    Third BGE, another large, May, 2017
    Added another griddle (BassPro) December 2017
  • HotchHotch Posts: 3,328
    Nicely done sir!!
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • JeremiahJeremiah Posts: 5,763
    Nice !
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • bluebird66bluebird66 Posts: 2,074
    That French bread looks awesome!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket and various Weber's
    Floyd Va

• six_eggsix_egg Posts: 967
    I was going to do a breakfast casserole for Hot Spring eggfest. I am going to use the PB&J instead. Thank you for the pictures and idea @WeberWho

XLBGE, LBGE 

Texarkana, TX

blasting said:

Nice work @WeberWho  - looks great
    Thanks much blasting!
    girbim said:
    I bought my egg from the Eggfest last year and I remember your PB&J Frosted Flakes.  I thought they seemed strange, but they were really good.  I didn't go this year because I was building shelving in my shed, but I did stop by the store to get some Egg Mates and some Dizzy Pig Peking rub.
    Too funny girbim! I'm glad you enjoyed them!
    Focker said:
    Buffalo boats and crepes look great V!

Much appreciated Focker!
    EggMcMic said:
    Going to have to try the buffalo bread. Looks great!
    Thanks EggMcMic! It's a nice little crunch with the French bread. 
    Hotch said:
    Nicely done sir!!
    Thank you Hotch!
    Jeremiah said:
    Nice !
    Thanks Jeremiah!
    That French bread looks awesome!
    Thanks bluebird66! A good simple appetizer when in a pinch
  • kl8tonkl8ton Posts: 2,308
    WeberWho said:
    caliking said:
    Nicely done, sir. 

@caliking
    I can't take any credit as @Fred19Flintstone posted them 4 years ago here on the forum. I've made them the last 4 years during the Eggfest and we get a line when doing them. I can't tell you how many people stroll over to our table and ask if we are making them again this year. Stupid simple and by far the most compliments of any cook we do. Nothing like spending an hour plus on prep for another cook and everybody wants to know when the PBJ's will be served! ;)

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1156538/peanut-butter-jelly-crusted-french-toasted-sandwiches-on-the-baking-steel-pix-oplenty
    @caliking
    I got a chuckle as I followed the link to @Fred19Flintstone original post to find you were one of the first 5 to comment on it. 

I get it sometimes when an old  thread resurfaces and I feel I have something to add.  . . Only to find I already added my two cents.  . . 
    LBGE - 36Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 11,278
    kl8ton said:
    WeberWho said:
    caliking said:
    Nicely done, sir. 

@caliking

@caliking
    I got a chuckle as I followed the link to @Fred19Flintstone original post to find you were one of the first 5 to comment on it. 

I get it sometimes when an old  thread resurfaces and I feel I have something to add.  . . Only to find I already added my two cents.  . . 
    I noticed that too. At least I'm consistent :)

In my defense though, i think I've come to appreciate the pairing of peanuts/peanut butter with sweet flavors more in recent years. Which is why these excite me more now than they may have in 2013. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    six_egg said:
    I was going to do a breakfast casserole for Hot Spring eggfest. I am going to use the PB&J instead. Thank you for the pictures and idea @WeberWho
    Nice! @six_egg I went through 2 loafs of Texas toast without any leftovers. I still had people come over to our table bummed that they missed out on them being served. We used 1 large jar of chunky peanut butter, 1 average sized jar of jelly, and 1 box of frosted flakes will do 2 loafs of Texas toast. (I can never remember the amount every year) You can break down the frosted flakes in the cereal bag. I've never used a food processor. I just crunch them by hand in the cereal bag. Have fun with them. Enjoy!