Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef Short Ribs

Options
First time doing beef ribs yesterday. Salt & Pepper and spice mix then on at 250 F.

Comments

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Part done, it was a bit hotter at the back so rotated the ribs to cook evenly.

• Eoin
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I went out and left the checking and removing to others. Here's what they looked like when I got back. Could have probably done with a bit longer, but very tasty.

• johnkitchens
    Options
    Those look great. I haven't tried them yet, but I plan to soon. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Eoin
    Options
    Did this again today. Salt and pepper rub, apple wood smoke on the MMX, 3 hours at 250 F then foil wrapped for another 3 hours. This was better than last week, lovely texture to the meat. You don't need much either, it's very rich meat. Left the ribs to rest then grilled some veg and sour dough bread.

• TheToast
    Options
    I've only ever done this as a full rack - need to try again some time. They've normally stalled for a lot longer than I've expected 
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    Looks great.  I did some yesterday as well.  It's a fun cook with a good reward for your efforts.  

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,375
    Options
    Toothpick for the win.  Great cooks right there.  One this side of the pond we refer to those as "brisket on a stick."
    Nailed 'em.  Congrats.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.