Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

First whole brisket done.

Nearly 20 pound packer brisket to start.  Started the cook around 11PM last night.  Had a little trouble with the temp of the egg.  Had been holding steady at 250F before I put the brisket in, but dropped to below 200F this morning.  Took it off the egg around 3 PM when internal temp was 190F.  Separated point from flat for burnt ends.  Flat went into cooler for a couple of hours before slicing.

Rubbed and ready to go into the Egg.

Finished brisket before separation.

Flat.
Burnt ends (possibly the best thing I have ever cooked.

Thanks for looking!

Comments

• dsrgunsdsrguns Posts: 357
    Looks like you nailed it! Great job.

XL BGE
    MD
  • feef706feef706 Posts: 848
    Looks excellent, did you just cook the burnt ends in BBQ sauce? I've heard they melt in your mouth but have yet to attempt.
  • BBQ sauce, additional rub and some apple cider vinegar.
  • FoghornFoghorn Posts: 6,475
    Excellent.  Way to go!

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

• Looks Like it turned out Great. 
    LRG BGE 
    Maverick ET-732
    North Georgia
    Go Green Bay Packers

• six_eggsix_egg Posts: 965
    Looks good. My favorite part is always the burnt ends.

XLBGE, LBGE 

Texarkana, TX