Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What are your egging pets up to

Comments

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    ColtsFan said:
    I've been on her for years to get a job, earn her keep... This is what I get day in, day out

I believe he has total control / guarding that rug. Don't think anyone is going to take it. Work? I think so.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    And that rug really ties the room together, does it not?
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• fence0407 said:
    14 year old Max had surgery last month to remove his spleen which had a mass on it. No cancer and proud to say he is healthy and acting like a puppy again! More energy and eating everything in the house! 

Love that pic in front of the egg. The 2 labs in the OP are my grand puppies which I baby sit from time to time. The black one has developed cancer in the upper rear leg and my son/dil opted for surgery and the leg was removed at the hip plus 6 rounds of chemo. She gets around fine now on the 3 legs. Post test results look good so we hope she has some more years. 
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Cashfan said:
    Petey, who passed away in June at the age of 13.

Petey? How could you have named him anything else? =)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    fence0407 said:
    14 year old Max had surgery last month to remove his spleen which had a mass on it. No cancer and proud to say he is healthy and acting like a puppy again! More energy and eating everything in the house! 

Yo Fence......seriously, i am looking for a home for my girl here. She killed a neighbors cat a while back. You got cats in your neighborhood?
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    Sorry for your loss @DonWW
  • jlsm
    jlsm Posts: 1,011
    What a cutie, @DonWW. I'm so sorry for your loss. 
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia
  • dsrguns
    dsrguns Posts: 421
    Living the dream.

XL BGE
    MD
  • Cashfan
    Cashfan Posts: 416
    Cashfan said:

Exactly! When he was younger he had the floppy ears too. Wasn't till the last 2-3 years that his ears stood up. Strange. I still miss my buddy. A lot.
  • Cashfan
    Cashfan Posts: 416

DonWW said:
    Russy, my Green Egg sous chef.  She could not stand being in the house when I went outside while cooking.  She had to be around.  Sadly, we lost her last Monday.  All good dogs go to heaven where there is an XL BGE cooking their favorite meal.
    Sorry for your loss. She looks like she was a great friend.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    My dual action dish washer from the past. Unfortunately both of these guys are gone now.

and this is our 20 week old dishwasher-to-be we named Corky.

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Cashfan said:
    Cashfan said:

Exactly! When he was younger he had the floppy ears too. Wasn't till the last 2-3 years that his ears stood up. Strange. I still miss my buddy. A lot.
    @Cashfan, I read somewhere that the Our Gang Petey didn't have a complete ring around his eye. He had to go to Makeup every day and Max Factor filled in the blank. I didn't even know there WAS a Max Factor. Always figured he was like Aunt Jemima or Betty Crocker.

I've had dogs most of my life. I know how you're feeling.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    All our fur babies love egging
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • All our fur babies love egging
    That kitty has a raw meat look =)
  • bjeans
    bjeans Posts: 191
    Woodchunk said:
    That kitty has a keep-the-dog-on-the-other-side-of-the-fence look. 
    Ex LBGE owner and current BGE liker 
  • bjeans
    edited September 2017
    fence0407 said:

Glad Max's surgery went well! Great yellow raincoat - looks like he's saying, "Do you believe what they did to me?!"

Our 16-year-old cat Katya had an extremely rare tumor usually only found in human kids and puppies. It and her kidney were removed when she was 14. She was miserable with the plastic "cone of shame" and I found flexible cloth ones. Better for cats and some snub-nosed dogs. Made her a padded room (kitchen) since she wasn't allowed to jump or climb.
  • bjeans
    All these beautiful dogs who are gone and their owners' descriptions make me weepy. I guess that's as it should be. RIP.

Beth
  • Just being a bum per usual.  I call her cat-dog.

Franklin, Tn
    LBGE - Cast Iron Grate - Flameboss 300 - BGEtisserie

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    edited September 2017
    The Bengal caught and brought the bird in the house this afternoon.  Abandoned it.  Then the polydactyl claimed it and growled at all that came near.

------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • The cat (Felix) loves it when I work at home!  The dog (Shady) loves it when the cat brings in birds, chipmunks, mice and rabbits.  These are typically brought in unharmed and released for the dog track down kill.  Our Bissell steam cleaner does more to earn its keep than either of the pets!  

XL  Central Ohio
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Woodchunk said:
    The cat has that "I'm about to torch this place" look. 

bjeans said:
    Woodchunk said:
    That kitty has a keep-the-dog-on-the-other-side-of-the-fence look. 
    The kitty is a murdering little cuddle bug. He brings Daddy unwanted missing head gifts. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • LetsEat
    LetsEat Posts: 456
    Our four month old Newfoundland guarding his " treatbox" aka the refrigerator.
    IL 
  • Still being a bum but she is awesome.
    Franklin, Tn
    LBGE - Cast Iron Grate - Flameboss 300 - BGEtisserie