Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket Tool?

Have you?  Would you?  Thoughts??

It's a 302 thing . . .

Comments

• RedSkip
    RedSkip Posts: 1,400
    The quality of the photo made me think the price tag was on my phone.  I tried to touch it...
    Large BGE - McDonald, PA
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,314
    Looks like a muscled up cheese slicer.  I would pass as the shape and fat cap of a brisket doesn't lend itself to a consistent thickness of cut.  Real life application may be different for all I know.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • jtcBoynton
    jtcBoynton Posts: 2,814
    A good knife will be much better.
    Southeast Florida - LBGE
    In cooking, often we implement steps for which we have no explanations other than ‘that’s what everybody else does’ or ‘that’s what I have been told.’  Dare to think for yourself.

• StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,745
    A good knife will be much better.
    Even a bad knife, I would guess.
    Stillwater, MN
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,958
    edited August 2017
    I have one. It sucks. Use a knife. I actually bought it for skinning Pork bellies and it works well for that. It actually works ok on brisket fat caps as long as it's very cold. I find myself using a knife anyway
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,463
    I'd like to know what's up with those nippled jar lids....?

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,344
    Botch said:
    Look like shaker lids for rubs/spices.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    I googled for the instructional video and honestly it looks like the guy selling them is having more trouble with it than I do with a $5 knife...and I am not that good with a knife. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• I googled for the instructional video and honestly it looks like the guy selling them is having more trouble with it than I do with a $5 knife...and I am not that good with a knife. 
    Yeah- he's from Hawaii and does "so many briskets" he needed a way to do them faster. It is not faster. Does work on cold bellies pretty well but I still prefer a $5 dexter plastic handled trimming knife
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • HeavyG said:
    Botch said:
    Look like shaker lids for rubs/spices.
    I think they were for crushed red pepper. The red part was rubberized and oddly satisfying to mess around with. (And it wasn't even Friday night yet!)
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • kaybee
    kaybee Posts: 120
    I googled for the instructional video and honestly it looks like the guy selling them is having more trouble with it than I do with a $5 knife...and I am not that good with a knife. 
    Yeah- he's from Hawaii and does "so many briskets" he needed a way to do them faster. It is not faster. Does work on cold bellies pretty well but I still prefer a $5 dexter plastic handled trimming knife
    Funny, my first thought when I saw it was whether it would work on pork bellies. How does it handle the belly being wider than the slicer? It looks like it could bind a bit. It does look like it might be a bit easier following creases in the skin and varying heights of the belly than the old sideways knife.