Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Blackstone Pizza Oven $191 shipped at Amazon

Options
Sorry if this is a repost. On mobile and can't effectively search.

Choose no rush shipping. 

Blackstone Outdoor Pizza Oven for Outdoor Cooking

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CELFJ4A/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_Y-eNzbV2D8M5B
Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
Twitter: @ Bags
Blog: TheJetsFan.com

Comments

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Great price, enjoy mine.
    Stays tucked in the garage.  Have even ripped pies with the garage door 1/3 open, in the heart of Winter.  

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Brisket_Fanatic
    Brisket_Fanatic Posts: 2,884
    edited August 2017
    Options
    @focker How do the pies compare to cooking them in the egg?

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• Focker
    edited August 2017
    Options
    The pies off the egg are inferior in every aspect IMO.  You can bang out a true Nea in around a minute, cranked up.  

I prefer the NYer style, not by much, so that one I posted earlier was around 3 min.  Nice thing about this unit is the spin.  No rotating the pie during the bake.  Launch, hit the button, and watch it bubble until it's ready, hit button, remove.  16" wood, Al peels, screens for the rest, make it easier too if you want to go bigger, but 14" pies are just fine.  An added bonus, it requires the user to not use parchment, unless you want to wear a glove and risk sticking your hand into an arced flame.  ;)
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    spinning is good

Image result for as seen on tv pizza convection cooker
    Options
    I love mine! 

In the bush just East of Cambridge,Ontario 
  • cookingdude555
    Options
    I agree with @Focker. I came to big green egg 10 years ago due to pizza. Glad I did, opened up so many other possibilities. However pizza was not as I thought. I've learned why, and the egg will never be as good as the blackstone at making pizza. The problem is heat balance. The blackstone allows me to create more heat above than below, it allows me to 'dome' the pizza, and it never runs out of fuel. I got closest to this in my XL egg with the squatty dome using tiered platesetters from other eggs to get the pie right beneath the flatter dome. But I still couldn't overcome the massive heat imbalance the egg suffers when cooking pizza. The egg is only related to a pizza oven because it is made from a similar substance, and it holds fire. Outside of that I don't feel they share much else in common. The blackstone is purpose built, and it is phenomenal. 
  • KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Respectfully, the thing looks ridiculous. It's not a far cry from the rotisserie toaster picture nola posted.   I get it though, and cookingdude's comments about it being purpose built combined with the inconsistency of egg pizzas are noted.  I have no doubt it makes a great pie, so don't take my comments the wrong way.  Just my opinion and its nice of Hofstrajet to post this deal as it's clear many members here are interested.  :plus_one:

In  my case, I don't like being confined to the smaller pizza size of the blackstone nor do I have room on my deck for another grill.  So, I'll stick with the larger cooking area of my egg for now, enjoy the added height for strombolis/calzone cooks, and take the risk of the first pizza coming out burnt as I regulate things. The kids don't complain and it's a lot of fun.  Someday, I hope to have a large patio where I can build a proper pizza oven AND have a blackstone griddle setup for cooking.

Until then, I'll keep appliances out of the mix.   I know they work, but sometimes even if they are purpose built, I'd still rather invest more time and do it on the egg...  :lol:

LBGE/Maryland
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Nice pies in here.  I'd love to get one of those units.  I need more deck space though.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,360
    Options
    I also agree with @Focker - the Blackstone makes better pies and with less hassle.

However, one small nitpick - technically a TRUE Neapolitan pizza has to be from a wood fired oven so (them's the rules :) ), of course, that ain't happening with the Blackstone.

Also, with the Blackstone you can be pulling finished pies out well before you have even got your lump fully lit.

As far as deck/patio space - I never bothered installing the side shelves myself as I have a prep table and the lack of side shelves makes it's footprint much smaller  easier to roll back into the "grill corral". Sans side shelves I can also just use a cover meant for a Weber Kettle (the Ravenna series by Classic Accessories has been good to me).

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Focker
    edited August 2017
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    I also agree with @Focker - the Blackstone makes better pies and with less hassle.

However, one small nitpick - technically a TRUE Neapolitan pizza has to be from a wood fired oven so (them's the rules :) ), of course, that ain't happening with the Blackstone.

Also, with the Blackstone you can be pulling finished pies out well before you have even got your lump fully lit.

As far as deck/patio space - I never bothered installing the side shelves myself as I have a prep table and the lack of side shelves makes it's footprint much smaller  easier to roll back into the "grill corral". Sans side shelves I can also just use a cover meant for a Weber Kettle (the Ravenna series by Classic Accessories has been good to me).

There ya go, gettin' all VPN on me.
    Good point, in my defense, I was referencing the bake time.  ;)

What really got my attention with this toaster, is many pizza hacks, with full blowin' multi-thousand dollar WFOs were using it, as much as their WFO, and could not see, nor taste a difference in doing so, giving it glowing reviews.  The time and labor slash is uuge, not having to heat up a WFO, without sacrificing quality.  I get the playing with wood fire Mallmann ambiance cool factor though, and would love to build one.  But this fugly little $200 five star oven fills that void.....for now.

Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    Options
    Focker said:
    The pies off the egg are inferior in every aspect IMO. 
    Truer words were never spoken. 
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • Focker
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Zippylip said:
    Focker said:
    Willing to share a slice(pics) of your BS creations?
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    Options
    Focker said:
    Zippylip said:
    Focker said:
    seems most of my pictures are lost in the photobucket hellhole, I snagged this one off of facebook though.  I too am a NY fan, generally not as pretty as Neapolitan pies but better eat'n:

happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • Focker
    Options
    Zippylip said:
    Focker said:
    Zippylip said:
    Focker said:
    seems most of my pictures are lost in the photobucket hellhole, I snagged this one off of facebook though.  I too am a NY fan, generally not as pretty as Neapolitan pies but better eat'n:

Thanks for the pic bud, looks great!
    I concur.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,431
    Options
    Great looking pies!
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Zippylip said:
    Focker said:
    Zippylip said:
    Focker said:

@Zippylip, Marc, if you still have the pics on your PC, you can just drag 'n drop here. PB not needed. But then, you probably knew that. If you don't have them, apparently you can move them from PB back to the PC. @fishlessman was doing that, but only able to do one at a time I think.

I still can't believe PB did that!! $400 indeed!

Here's your Blackstone flatbread, still shows up in your original manicotti and hummus post. Delicious!!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Could have changed.  With Amazon, you have to be quick.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Judy, the list is $300 from the Mfg. On their site, use coupon code ToddToven10 for a 10% discount. Free shipping. $270 is not $191, but I think it's about what Zippy paid at Lowe's when they were discontinuing that product. Sorry, but that's the best I can do. =)

https://www.blackstoneproducts.com/products/

This says the $191 offer on Amazon has expired...
    https://9to5toys.com/2017/08/22/blackstone-outdoor-pizza-oven/

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,360
    Options
    Was a limited time offer only for Prime members.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk