Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Green Egg Stand

I would just like to share the outdoor kitchen that I just finished over the weekend.

Comments

• lkapigianlkapigian Posts: 3,010
    Welcome and Very Nice!
    Visalia, Ca
  • jeffwitjeffwit Posts: 1,154
    Very nice! Is there a nest or some spacer between the bottom of the egg and the granite(?) slab underneath? If not, it is something to think about doing. They can get pretty hot under there.
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 4 dogs, five cats. One overworked vacuum cleaner.
  • Looks good
  • StillH2OEggerStillH2OEgger Posts: 1,911
    That is simply beautiful. Really outstanding. Hate to be Johnny buzzkill, but have you considered a table nest?
    Stillwater, MN
  • bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 16,519
    Very nice and welcome!  An air gap under your egg is a good idea.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • stlcharcoalstlcharcoal Posts: 3,078
    Beautiful!!!  Get a table nest, green feet, or some floor tiles to create a space between the base & granite so you don't burn that table up.  :)
  • blastingblasting Posts: 5,523
    Nice table, and welcome aboard.
    Phoenix 
  • RoebuckRoebuck Posts: 44
    Great first post and stunning kitchen - nice job!
    Birmingham, Ala.
  • pgprescottpgprescott Posts: 10,555
    Beautiful piece of furniture right there! Bravo! Do as @stlcharcoal advises and make sure you get some sort of air gap under the egg. There are many pictures of burnt tables or worse due to not having an air gap. This goes with or without a stone. Either way you need an air gap.  Hate to see that table get ruined. One of the best I've ever seen. 
  • JNDATHPJNDATHP Posts: 258
    Absolutely gorgeous. 
    Michael
    Large BGE
    Reno, NV
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 26,712
    Fine work!

• RRPRRP Posts: 22,058
    NICE! That sink is a really cool addition! BTW does it simply drain into your yard or is there a bucket hidden behind those doors?
    L, M, S, &  Mini
    And oh yes...also a 17" BlackStone gas fired griddle! 
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    Re- gasketing AMERICA one yard at a time!
  • WeberWhoWeberWho Posts: 6,345
    You have some mad wood skills! I'd almost be scared to get it dirty
  • JohnnyTarheelJohnnyTarheel Posts: 5,141
    Welcome!! Nice table...
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • johnnypjohnnyp Posts: 2,910
    nicely done
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • Thank you all for the high praise.  I do have a granite slab that the egg sits on.  I have cooked on it several times with no heat issues that I am aware off.  I have done a pork but for 11 hours.   Have not cooked pizza yet 550 temps.  Do you think i need something more than granite?
  • ccschaad said:
    Thank you all for the high praise.  I do have a granite slab that the egg sits on.  I have cooked on it several times with no heat issues that I am aware off.  I have done a pork but for 11 hours.   Have not cooked pizza yet 550 temps.  Do you think i need something more than granite?
    Yes, you need an air gap.
    Stillwater, MN
  • Very nice table and setup!  Welcome to the forum.  As others have said, get you one of these table nests.  $50 on Amazon to protect that investment.
    XL BGE, CGS AR & spider, 36" SS Blackstone, SMOBOT - Flower Mound, TX
  • Very nice table and setup!  Welcome to the forum.  As others have said, get you one of these table nests.  $50 on Amazon to protect that investment.
    They may have increased, but the table nest was $30 at my dealer.
    Stillwater, MN
  • I have added a nest under the EGG.  I did a little test to see how hot it would get between the granite and the wood.  The egg was only at 500 deg and under the granite was already ~125.  wood starts to smolder at 150.  Thanks for the advise
  • stlcharcoalstlcharcoal Posts: 3,078
    Very nice table and setup!  Welcome to the forum.  As others have said, get you one of these table nests.  $50 on Amazon to protect that investment.
    They may have increased, but the table nest was $30 at my dealer.

MSRP $32.95.

Smokeware has a cool cast iron one on their website.  Pricey, but I like how it looks.
  • bluebird66bluebird66 Posts: 2,038
    Beautiful and welcome aboard!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket and various Weber's
    Floyd Va

• northGAcocknorthGAcock Posts: 10,072
    Having water by your egg....PRICELESS!
    Columbia, South Carolina with a Medium, MiniMax & a 17" Blackstone

Talk-in' 'bout, hey now! Hey now! I-ko, I-ko, un-day
    Jock-a-mo fee-no ai na-né, jock-a-mo fee na-né