Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

4 Way Peach (and Pork) Sunday Dinner

Well, it's August in the South and peaches are dang near free.

Rubbed some pork tenderloin with Loveless Cafe peach rub (do yourself a favor and buy some...and thank @henapple ). Joetisserie'd with peach wood and glazed at the end with some Makers Mark and Loveless Peach preserves. Surprisingly subtle flavor.

Then I grilled some peaches to slice and serve on top. (Now I realize I didn't take my sliced pics or a good plating pic.  Y'all will live.) Served with spinach and mushrooms, balsamic coleslaw and rolls  

Then some bananas foster and ice cream by request.  Taught my buddy's kid how to make it since he is headed off to college...figured every guy needs one "panty dropper" dessert in his lineup.  

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

Comments

• bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 16,468
    Great banquet right there brother! 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 26,662
    @henapple turned me on to the loveless peach.    Sh!t is outstanding.   Looks great!

• LegumeLegume Posts: 8,207
    edited August 2017
    That's the biggest jar of preserves I've ever seen.

Henapple was kind enough to share that peach rub with me as well.  Loved it.

food looks great K&G
    Austin, TX
  • PossumtrotPossumtrot Posts: 179
    Those look like Sister Schubert Rolls?
    Murfreesboro, TN (formerly Franklin, and Nashville)
    LBGE, Joe,Jr
    Free is better than cheap
    If it's worth telling, it's worth exaggerating

• @Legume Sundays in the South. Liquor stores are closed. Thankfully my dad had a stash of minis from a trip. 

@Possumtrot why did I know you were gonna pop up looking at those rolls...

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• PossumtrotPossumtrot Posts: 179
    I recognized another @henapple favorite.  
    Murfreesboro, TN (formerly Franklin, and Nashville)
    LBGE, Joe,Jr
    Free is better than cheap
    If it's worth telling, it's worth exaggerating

• @Possumtrot I was just telling Chris I'm getting closer to finding the "purpose" of this Joetisserie. I'm going to buy a basket this week and see how I like doing some things in it. 

@The_Stache I have been running that Parkers charcoal this week. Ive been pretty pleased with the results. One Egg smoked for like an hour yesterday during light and cooking but I am thinking it may have been fat from a previous cook on the side of the ceramic so I clean burned both last night to give it a fair shake. Flavor is great and neutral. 

South of Nashville, TN

• The_StacheThe_Stache Posts: 819
    Nice cook Adam!!  Looking good!!!

In a full time state of entropious nebulinity as Head Brewmeister and Chief Flatulator @ Rancho Loco Brewery and Flatutorium, Kirkland, TN

• LegumeLegume Posts: 8,207
    @Legume Sundays in the South. Liquor stores are closed. Thankfully my dad had a stash of minis from a trip. 

@Possumtrot why did I know you were gonna pop up looking at those rolls...
    Running out of whiskey or running out of lump, I can't imagine which to be worse.  Sundays are the same here in Texas.
    Austin, TX
  • Outstanding! 
  • CincyTikiCincyTiki Posts: 320
    @Killit_and_Grillit.  Looks great, Peach and bourbon with pork, has to be a winner.
    I went to the Loveless Cafe site and they are doing 25% off today as an eclipse sale, for anyone interested in the rub or preserves
    Enjoying life in Cincinnati, Ohio - Large BGE & MiniMax BGE