Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Prosciutto wrapped Chicken Breast stuffed with Prosciutto wrapped Jalepeno Poppers.

bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 16,485
My much, much better half saw something like this on the net.  I figured we should give it a go.  Garden jalepeno, seeded and stuffed with cream cheese/cheddar/ garlic and chive, seasoned with MC bacon bbq rub.  Wrapped that in prosciutto and put it in a pocket made in the breast.  Wrapped the chicken in prosciutto  and cooked it indirect on the MM.  N did Hasselback taters in a bacon & brocoli cheese sauce.  It was all very good.  The jalepeno wasn't my favorite although I love spice.  Next time I go pork and cheese.  Prosciutto is perfect for wrapping chicken breasts.  The cheese sauce would be good on an old boot.  We had fun.  Cheers.

Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga

Comments

• JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 11,573
    Looks great to me!
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." - NdGT

"The truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand." - DT

• DoubleEggerDoubleEgger Posts: 11,958
    Looking good brother 
  • The_StacheThe_Stache Posts: 819
    Brent and Nichole... Fabulous!!

In a full time state of entropious nebulinity as Head Brewmeister and Chief Flatulator @ Rancho Loco Brewery and Flatutorium, Kirkland, TN

• LegumeLegume Posts: 8,209
    I wrapped my prosciutto in chicken before I wrapped my chicken in prosciutto.

Looks good from here.  Do you buy packaged, presliced prosciutto or so you get it fresh sliced at a deli?
    Austin, TX
  • StormbringerStormbringer Posts: 1,228
    Great looking meal! And nice granite top too.
    Large BGE and MMX, both with platesetter and cast iron grid. Superpeel for pizza, iDevice for temperature.
    Cooking on the large in deepest, darkest England since Oct 2015. MMX added to the family Mar 2016.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff http://www.thecooksdigest.com
    --------------------------------------------------------------

• bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 16,485
    Legume said:
    I wrapped my prosciutto in chicken before I wrapped my chicken in prosciutto.

Looks good from here.  Do you buy packaged, presliced prosciutto or so you get it fresh sliced at a deli?
    I buy boars head pre-sliced prosciutto. I'm all wrapped up. 
  • Looks delicious! Nice cook!
    Looks delicious! Nice cook!
    Thank you sir.
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 16,771
    edited August 2017
    Great combination and execution.  Jalas and anything become a banquet.  You and your better half raised the bar with that creativity and cook.  Congrats.  
    BTW- hasselbacks are the best way to fire up potatoes, especially when you have such a skilled cook to help you along.  Better to be lucky than good comes to mind.  ;)

Louisville;  L & S BGEs, PBC, Lang 36; Burnin' wood in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer.  
    lousubcap said:
    Great combination and execution.  Jalas and anything become a banquet.  You and your better half raised the bar with that creativity and cook.  Congrats.  
    BTW- hasselbacks are the best way to fire up potatoes, especially when you have such a skilled cook to help you along.  Better to be lucky than good comes to mind.  ;)

Better lucky than good Cap, I live by it.  Thank you sir. ;)
  • As always....

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

As always....
    Thank you Adam.  Y'all gonna have to come down one day.
  • @bgebrent if the eclipse doesn't end the world tomorrow I'll pack up and head down. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• StillH2OEggerStillH2OEgger Posts: 1,909
    The pulled pork and spatchcock chicken cooks are very nice, but stuff like this just blows me a away every time, even if the jalapeño wasn't your favorite. It's inspiring nonetheless.
    Stillwater, MN
  • Love it! I'm definitely going to have to try this. 
  • blastingblasting Posts: 5,502

Wow Brent - that looks great.
    Phoenix 
  • bucky925bucky925 Posts: 964
    Awesome. On my to cook list
    Live fast. die young, and leave a well marbled corps. 
  • tjvtjv Posts: 3,721
    that is the perferct minimax meal.......very nice
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • pgprescottpgprescott Posts: 10,535
    Now that is a show off meal.

Nice Job!
    Now that is a show off meal.

Nice Job!
    Thanks Pete.  You know I'm just a "glory hound" ;)
  • WeberWhoWeberWho Posts: 6,340
  • JohnnyTarheelJohnnyTarheel Posts: 5,139
    Great looking meal... as always!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"