Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Charleston, SC restaurant cooking on a BGE

Options
Foghorn
Foghorn Posts: 9,846
edited August 2017 in EggHead Forum
We stumbled across Ted's Butcher Block in Charleston because of the BGE stationed outside.  What a find. Great charcuterie. Great fresh meat. Great sandwiches. Great beer.   If you find yourself in Charleston I encourage you to go. That is all. 

http://tedsbutcherblock.com/

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

Comments

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Yo Fog...welcome to our SC Low Country. Did you find your way to any of the local brewery's? Palmetto my fav but some other really good ones. Try the pork Belly Sammie at Tattooed Mosee if you happen to be in the area of one of them. Oh and spend lots of money in our state....we need to fix our roads.  =) You guys have fun over there.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Foghorn
    Options

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Foghorn
    edited August 2017
    Options
    @northGAcock, my wife takes the challenge of stimulating local economies very seriously when we travel.  She'll never be accused of not pulling her weight on that front.

San Antonio, TX

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    @Foghorn hit up Westbrook in Mt Pleasant.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    @northGAcock, my wife takes the challenge of stimulating local economies very seriously when we travel.  She'll never be accused of not pulling her weight on that front.
    Excellent. + 1 on Westbrook.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    Looks delish. We were just down the road from you in Hilton Head. Neighbor had a BGE, I almost walked over to ask if I could cook on it
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Nice tip Foghead!  We'll check it out next time we're there.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Foghorn
    Options
    Thanks @Eggcelsior and @northGAcock, but given that my travel companions are not big fans of beer (wife prefers wine, son is only 20 and occasionally partakes but isn't legal) I don't think a brewery is in the agenda. Their selections look good. Any idea where I might find them in a local restaurant?

San Antonio, TX

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    Thanks @Eggcelsior and @northGAcock, but given that my travel companions are not big fans of beer (wife prefers wine, son is only 20 and occasionally partakes but isn't legal) I don't think a brewery is in the agenda. Their selections look good. Any idea where I might find them in a local restaurant?
    Page's Okra Grill has Westbrook White Thai on tap, maybe others. Fantastic shrimp and grits, fried chicken, and BBQ if the smoker is running(I believe it's only used certain days)
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    ...son is only 20 and occasionally partakes but isn't legal) ...
    :rofl:

You have another son I haven't met?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Sounds like you're having a good time . My sister lived there for some time, and I have a cousin there, but don't get to Chas. often.  It's a great city.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.