Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Looking at picking up a used Egg.

Options
Hi
I have been looking at finally picking up a second egg.  I found someone locally selling a small one for $500. I don't think they're worth $500 even with the stand.  What would you guys offer?  It comes with the nest, egg wooden egg mates and I think that's it.  I actually want a large but if I can get this one cheap enough, I may go for it.

If not, I may just wait because there is a dealer nearby that will deliver one to my house for about $750. Barebones of course.
San Diego, CA

Comments

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,765
    edited August 2017
    Options
    All mine are used, but 500 for a small ias way to much- My large with a lot of extras $300.00 1 mini brand new never used $200.00, a couple "Knock Off Eggs" mini $100.00 (2) large $250.00 gave a couple away
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • The_Stache
    The_Stache Posts: 1,153
    Options
    I picked up a MiniMax from my dealer (not delivered) for ~$500.  I've added a Smokeware Cap and a PS Woo to it but otherwise totally "stock".

I'm thinking that price for the small is a little high (By a factor of 2X).  Not a lot of smalls for sale around here but those that I've seen were in the 200-300 asking price range.

Kirkland, TN
    2 LBGE, 1 MM

• Gym
    Gym Posts: 366
    Options
    Remember that used = no warranty
  • CanDid
    CanDid Posts: 106
    Options
    You want a large. The only reason you should buy one you're not looking for, is if it was a good deal. This clearly is not.
    BGE XL
    NWArkansas
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    I've bought two smalls new and both were under $500 new. I wouldn't pay more than $300 max
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • windnsea26
    windnsea26 Posts: 159
    Options
    Thanks guys.  I'll probably just go for the large.  There is a dude in San Diego that sell's em for a pretty good price. 
    San Diego, CA