Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

I do not need a Blackstone - OT

EggNorthEggNorth Posts: 1,134
All you Blackstone users out there have nothing on me.   I just need to get out my electric grill and get some Donairs on there and I'm good to go.

Donair is from 'Bonte Donair Kit' x 4

No propane tank required:

And the donairs where great!

Thanks
Dave
Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
LBGE (2010), Mini Max (2015)

Comments

• epcotisbestepcotisbest Posts: 1,962
    edited August 2017
    Yeah, I did not need one either. I have been using a cast iron platter on the gasser instead. But, I got one of the Blackstone 17s on clearance at Walmart the other day. Still don't need it, yet I bought it anyway. This was working for me just fine.

• GaryLangeGaryLange Posts: 379
    I didn't need one either but when I went onto Academy Sports one of there's grabbed me and forced me to take her home. I do love cooking on it when I do and think of all the dinners I can do on it.
  • EggNorthEggNorth Posts: 1,134
    I don't have any propane tanks, got rid of them (had 4) when I got the Egg.  No plans on dealing with that again.
    Dave
  • tarheelmatttarheelmatt Posts: 9,370
    Do three things at a time?  

------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • RoebuckRoebuck Posts: 44
    edited August 2017
    MD
    Birmingham, Ala.
  • kl8tonkl8ton Posts: 2,306
    I need another 36" blackstone.  Last night was full load of veggies, then full load of Jimmy Deans breakfast sausage (maybe 10 tubes), then a full load of cubed chicken breast.  Still it was all done in under an hour, but it would be cool to have two.
    LBGE - 36Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • theyolksonyoutheyolksonyou Posts: 16,355
    I didn't NEED an egg, or two. 
    Jason NW GA- home of carpet and Mexican restaurants
    LBGE, MM, BS (Blackstone and the other kind)
    One sorry Labrador

My chili did not suck. 
  • HeavyGHeavyG Posts: 5,030
    kl8ton said:
    I need another 36" blackstone.  Last night was full load of veggies, then full load of Jimmy Deans breakfast sausage (maybe 10 tubes), then a full load of cubed chicken breast.  Still it was all done in under an hour, but it would be cool to have two.
    Maybe one of these would suit you:

https://www.samsclub.com/sams/event-grill/prod10840020.ip?xid=plp:product:1:1

and get the griddle top:

http://griddlemaster.com/product/members-mark-full-griddle-top-home-version/
    Camped out in the (757/804)
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 27,193
    HeavyG said:
    kl8ton said:

and get the griddle top:

Alternatively you can plan your meal to utilize more different tools.  Some griddle, some egg, some oven, some stove, etc. 

Restaurants coordinate their menu with their equipment.

• HeavyGHeavyG Posts: 5,030
    HeavyG said:
    kl8ton said:

and get the griddle top:

Alternatively you can plan your meal to utilize more different tools.  Some griddle, some egg, some oven, some stove, etc. 

Alternatively one could prepare less food (thereby needing less equipment) so people would eat less food.

Camped out in the (757/804)
  • kl8tonkl8ton Posts: 2,306
    HeavyG said:
    HeavyG said:
    kl8ton said:

and get the griddle top:

Alternatively one could prepare less food (thereby needing less equipment) so people would eat less food.

Are you calling me fat? 
    LBGE - 36Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 15,986
    I love my Blackstone and Anova as much as I do the egg. An electric grill and a griddle aren't the same. I'd much happened rather have a burger off of the Blackstone. 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • LegumeLegume Posts: 8,291
    This is a strange thread.
    Austin, TX
  • EggNorthEggNorth Posts: 1,134
    edited August 2017
    I only use the grill for this purpose, donairs... Everything else is cooked on the Eggs.   While I was cooking I just remembered all the post here showing the Blackstone,  I though it would be nice to show the poor man's version  :)

Maybe I can buy hundreds of dollars in accessories for it,  would like multiple levels.
    Dave
  • Hans61Hans61 Posts: 3,452
    Legume said:
    This is a strange thread.
    I can make it stranger :-)

“There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • LegumeLegume Posts: 8,291
    I had to look up donair, sauce sounds good.  Anything that has a tradition of being drunk street food is right in my wheelhouse.
    Austin, TX
  • GaryLangeGaryLange Posts: 379
    kl8ton said:

Academy Sports has a six burner 50" unit that may work for you. I have there 36" unit and it is great.
  • ColtsFanColtsFan Posts: 1,893
    But can you do this? 

Two large BGE, KJ Jr, 36" Blackstone, FlameBoss 300
    Follow me on Instagram @ hoosier_egger
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!