Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Beef Wellington

Snake River Farms filets dry brined for 5 house, then added cracked pepper, Dijon mustard and seared in Solidteknics cast iron 60 seconds per side.

Then handed over to Kathy who made stuffing with mushroom duxelles & foie gras, then wrapped in puff pastry.

Then I took it out side on the Big Green Egg indirect heat. Was enjoying too many adult beverages and overcooked it a bit more than i would like but it still got eaten.

We make a great indoor/outdoor cooking team.
1 Large BGE & 1 Mini-Max BGE (Smokey & the Bandit) +  1 custom Challenger cart for their home. Kick Ash Basket & Igrill2, and cast iron inside for finishing reverse sears.

Comments

• Cookbook_ChipCookbook_Chip Posts: 1,234
    Man that looks good. I need to try it!
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at http://familycookbookproject.com
    Stoker II wifi, Thermapen, and a Fork for plating photo purposes
  • johnnypjohnnyp Posts: 2,902
    Dude. That rocks
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • Top shelf. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• HibbyHibby Posts: 605
    Really looks impressive. Never have had foie gras 
    I cook. I eat. I repeat. Thornville, Ohio
  • ronw9471ronw9471 Posts: 112
    Man, that looks good!
    Parrish, FL

My Photo Website: www.ronwooldridgephotography.com

XL Big Green Egg
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 4,005
    SumBitch!!!! Dat looks good!!!

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• dopeydopey Posts: 159
    Then I took it out side on the Big Green Egg indirect heat. Was enjoying too many adult beverages and overcooked it a bit more than i would like but it still got eaten.

Understandable.  I've ruined several meals due to the same indulging of adult beverages.... 

I might have a drinking problem though.. Oh well.
    What I do when I'm black out drunk is none of my business...

John Central CT
  • pgprescottpgprescott Posts: 10,521
    Pretty darn cool! Bravo !!!
  • Looks great.  Kudos, it's not easy to make a beef wellington.  Lots of components!  Consider dry aging the fillet for a couple of days (reduces the moisture) and then searing it on all four sides, then let it cool before putting the wellington together.  I wouldn't have the confidence to finish it on the egg.  Excellent!!
    D'you think I could interest you in a pair of zircon-encrusted tweezers?

Newtown Square, PA
  • That's a bold cook on the Egg - looks great!!!
    Memphis, TN 
  • kbr718kbr718 Posts: 69
    Awesome! One of my favorites! Never been brave enough to try making it myself--may have to give it a whirl!
    LBGE Chicago, IL
  • FoghornFoghorn Posts: 6,473
    Outstanding.  You do indeed make a great team.

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

• Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 7,900
    Giving you an A+ for effort but only a 7 out of 10 score for charring Kathy's pastry...get the bottle under control buddy.lol
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • We've done something like that (think it was a recipe from Cooks Illustrated) for Christmas Eve, where everyone got to wrap their own mini-Wellington and apply the egg wash. Tasty stuff.
  • I think kathy brushes in butter as opposed to egg wash.
    1 Large BGE & 1 Mini-Max BGE (Smokey & the Bandit) +  1 custom Challenger cart for their home. Kick Ash Basket & Igrill2, and cast iron inside for finishing reverse sears.
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 16,770
    Never should have looked at this before my simple lunch.  Great cook and result.  Way to move outside the comfort zone and bring it home.  
    Louisville;  L & S BGEs, PBC, Lang 36; Burnin' wood in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer.