Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

IPA and Peking by Dizzy Pig

Photo Egg
Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
edited August 2017 in EggHead Forum
Got some thighs on the XL covered in some Dizzy Pig IPA.
I have wanted to try this spice for months.
Thanks Dizzy Pig.
Chris, @Nature Boy , Your creativity in blends is much appreciated. 
Have some breasts to go on next with Peking.
Everyone's taste is different, but if these are half as good as Mole I will be happy.

Thank you,
Darian

Galveston Texas

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Thanks for the idea! I attempted to order the PEKING as I loved the sample pack. DP said it won't be available until mid August so that's coming up soon and I'll be near the front of the line to order!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Photo Egg
    RRP said:
    Thanks for the idea! I attempted to order the PEKING as I loved the sample pack. DP said it won't be available until mid August so that's coming up soon and I'll be near the front of the line to order!

The Peking smells incredible on the grill...
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Photo Egg
    edited August 2017
    The thighs are off.
    I expected more of what I thought would be a strong hop taste that only a beer drinker would appreciate. I was wrong. It's a very light savory blend and it's fantastic. Not spicy, just great.
    This is a spice that should go great on most anything. If your a person who does not like the taste of beer, I think you will be pleasantly surprised. I was.

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • RRP
    WOW! Guess if you have the PEKING already the advice I got from DP was wrong. I'll try again!
  • Photo Egg

Chopped a piece off the breast. Have to say, Peking is also fantastic. I really like the larger grind DP uses with some of their spices. Even after being on grill you still get that big bang flavor when you chew and crunch into pieces of spice!
    I bet this spice would be equally as good on grilled veggies.
    Another winner Dizzy Pig.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    With all the DP rubs I ordered over the last year ,and all the rubs CincyTikki sent me in the exchange, I can't justify an order right now. Tentatively I am planning a major order for Christmas presents. Last year all the nieces and nephews got thermopops. This year they will get 3 or 4 bottles of the rubs that they liked best on my cooks. Currently Redeye Express and Shaking the Tree are firmly on the list with the others to be determined. My new bottle of Mandarin can hitchhike on the other's shipping cost. Still haven't made up my mind about IPA though.
  • Photo Egg
    With all the DP rubs I ordered over the last year ,and all the rubs CincyTikki sent me in the exchange, I can't justify an order right now. Tentatively I am planning a major order for Christmas presents. Last year all the nieces and nephews got thermopops. This year they will get 3 or 4 bottles of the rubs that they liked best on my cooks. Currently Redeye Express and Shaking the Tree are firmly on the list with the others to be determined. My new bottle of Mandarin can hitchhike on the other's shipping cost. Still haven't made up my mind about IPA though.
    I was on the ropes with IPA as well but after using it I believe I would order IPA over Shaking the Tree.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Photo Egg
    Reward for cooking today.

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Photo Egg
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • RRP
     Tentatively I am planning a major order for Christmas presents. Last year all the nieces and nephews got thermopops. This year they will get 3 or 4 bottles of the rubs that they liked best on my cooks.
    HEY Uncle Gulfcoastguy! Remember me? - I'm your Mother's long lost sister's kid!  =)
  • Nice Darian- Can't wait to try them both. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    RRP said:
     Tentatively I am planning a major order for Christmas presents. Last year all the nieces and nephews got thermopops. This year they will get 3 or 4 bottles of the rubs that they liked best on my cooks.
    HEY Uncle Gulfcoastguy! Remember me? - I'm your Mother's long lost sister's kid!  =)
    That would make you a cousin, not a nephew. I already have 35 first cousins and all they get is some of my cooks at family potlucks. Now the three nieces and two nephews have so far produced 3 grandnephews or one apiece. I tell the youngest nephew's wife that she has to fill out the little league team.
  • RRP
    RRP said:
    That would make you a cousin, not a nephew. I already have 35 first cousins and all they get is some of my cooks at family potlucks. Now the three nieces and two nephews have so far produced 3 grandnephews or one apiece. I tell the youngest nephew's wife that she has to fill out the little league team.
    you are SO right!!! Guess you forgot that your sister dropped me on my head when I was only 2 years old when she took me on that carnival ride where she and I were tossed off! I know now she forgot how the paramedics saved her and she never remembered not going back to the trailer park without me. BTW  I was raised by many carnies who traveled the USA and it wasn't until the Tilt-A-Whirl owner finally got so sh*t faced one night after the 2:30 PM beer tent closing that he told me how he found me behind his ticket booth. OH well...guess you don't remember me either...
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    I didn't care much for IPA when I first got it. But it's really grown on me and I'm using it a lot more. I think I was expecting more hoppy beer flavor?  Anyhow I agree it's really tasty and I'd definitely recommend it. I'll have to look for the Peking. 
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    What did the Peking taste like? I opened my mailbox Friday to find a package from DP with a small sample of it, but I didn't try it yet.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Photo Egg
    Griffin said:
    What did the Peking taste like? I opened my mailbox Friday to find a package from DP with a small sample of it, but I didn't try it yet.
    Pop open your sample bag and taste a pinch of it. Let me know what you think.
    Hard for me to nail down words to describe profile. It just tastes good.lol
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Photo Egg said:
    Griffin said:
    Pop open your sample bag and taste a pinch of it. Let me know what you think.
    Hard for me to nail down words to describe profile. It just tastes good.lol

I'll probably sprinkle it on some chicken thighs Thursday night, maybe have some fried rice with it.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings