Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Is it worth it?

The wife and I are debating going to eggtoberfest. We are about 7 hours away from where it will be and before I spend the time and money on going I just wanted to know peoples opinion on it that have been before. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 17,076
    Welcome aboard and enjoy the journey.  Above all, have fun.
    No help with your question but I'm sure several will be along.  
    Louisville;  L & S BGEs, PBC, Lang 36; Burnin' wood in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer.  
  • RedSkipRedSkip Posts: 1,303
    edited July 2017
    Not for a 7 hour drive, but that's just one opinion...
    Large BGE - McDonald, PA
  • tarheelmatttarheelmatt Posts: 9,373
    jrob1289 said:
    The wife and I are debating going to eggtoberfest. We are about 7 hours away from where it will be and before I spend the time and money on going I just wanted to know peoples opinion on it that have been before. Thanks in advance!
    Where are you located? 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 11,848
    I think it's worth it to go once to see the spectacle.

It's actually a pretty good deal for tasters.  For the price of admission you get some BGE swag, all you can eat inside, and a good number of drink tickets.  And when we were there the beer inside was craft beer, pretty good.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." - NdGT

"The truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand." - DT

• GrateEggspectationsGrateEggspectations Posts: 2,022
    edited July 2017
    ...Just make sure you can sleep it off before the 7 hour drive back. That or Uber.  :)

• jrob1289jrob1289 Posts: 8
    I'm located in west TN and I definitely will have the wife drive me back if we go! haha
  • DoubleEggerDoubleEgger Posts: 12,193
    There's a lot to do in and around Atlanta to make a long weekend out of it. 
  • JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 11,848
    There's a lot to do in and around Atlanta to make a long weekend out of it. 
    Yep.  That's what I'd do.  Especially if it meant avoiding the highways at peak times.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." - NdGT

"The truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand." - DT

• GulfcoastguyGulfcoastguy Posts: 1,722
    Maybe next year. I do wish it was located elsewhere, my cousin's car was rear ended in Atlanta and he came within a whisker of being a quadriplegic. 
  • DoubleEggerDoubleEgger Posts: 12,193
    Maybe next year. I do wish it was located elsewhere, my cousin's car was rear ended in Atlanta and he came within a whisker of being a quadriplegic. 
    Sorry for your cousin but traffic accidents happen everywhere 
  • theyolksonyoutheyolksonyou Posts: 16,371
    edited August 2017
    Sorry for your cousin but traffic accidents happen everywhere 
    Well over 800 people have lost their lives on GA roadways this year already. Many in small towns. Don't let traffic stop you. Life is short. 
    Jason NW GA- home of carpet and Mexican restaurants
    LBGE, MM, BS (Blackstone and the other kind)
    One sorry Labrador

My chili did not suck. 
  • StussStuss Posts: 75
    Absolutely…..if you love firing up the egg and finding all kinds of new ideas.  My wife and I drove from Baltimore in 2015 and now live in the Chicago area and are going again this year.   
  • bo31210bo31210 Posts: 712
    Make it a weekend    
    In the middle of Georgia!    Geaux Tigers!!!!!
  • Well looks like I'm going! Bought my tickets today! Thanks for everyones input 
  • bo31210bo31210 Posts: 712
    You will have fun   It is a well run event
    In the middle of Georgia!    Geaux Tigers!!!!!
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 15,986
    I'd take the extra time to go to brisket camp 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • emtemt Posts: 2
    This will be our first, driving down from Va on Friday (not going to meet and greet) Bringing the camper and staying in the park there on Stone Mountan. Heading back to Va on Monday so hope to get in some sight seeing.
  • We highly recommend Eggtoberfest. There are alot of great ideas for grilling and some amazing food! We plan to be there cooking up some nice steaks
  • StussStuss Posts: 75
    I would make some extra time and a few bucks back for the Pink Pony