Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef Tenderloin & Pineapple Kebabs from last night

Options
NibbleMeThis
NibbleMeThis Posts: 2,295
edited July 2017 in EggHead Forum
Last night's dinner - I grilled some beef tenderloin and pineapple kebabs with a pepper and onion stir fry on one of our large Eggs.

I had a whole beef tenderloin that I trimmed into a center cut roast for tonight and I used the rest for 2 filets and about 1.5 pounds of tender beef chunks.

I threaded the beef tenderloin and chunks of pineapple onto a couple of Firewire flexible skewers and then seasoned them with a salt, pepper, garlic, oregano, and dried chile seasoning.  

I made a sauce that doubled as the stir fry sauce and a glaze for the kebabs.  If you've made my Thai Sticky Wings recipe, it's basically that sauce with some stock and pineapple juice added. 

Stir fried some chopped onion and bell peppers in a wok while the Egg was 450°f.  The wok was on an upside down spider.

Grilled the skewers 2 1/2 minutes per side.  I only glazed them in the last few minutes so the sauce didn't burn.

Lots of flavor in there.

I took the food off of the flexible skewers and put them on small skewers for easier serving. Served it with sweet jasmine rice and the pepper and onion stir fry.  

This was fantastic.  My son is in two-a-days for high school football and these were ready when he got home.  Yeah, he demolished half of these.  Definitely work making again.

Tonight I have that center cut tenderloin roast reverse searing on my Egg.  Ready for some good eats!  This will probably be the last decent meal we get through Saturday as we are cooking for 700 people on Saturday for the football team's fundraiser.  Sigh....
Knoxville, TN
Nibble Me This

Comments