Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Egg Kitchen :)

We finally completed the "kitchen" for my BGE's ... I'm super happy with how it turned out!
Iowa, 1 BGEXL, 1BGEMiniMax, a truck, a camper and some horses and atvs :D Let's play!

Comments

• FoghornFoghorn Posts: 6,492
    That's a great kitchen.

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

• StormbringerStormbringer Posts: 1,228
    Really nice job.
    Large BGE and MMX, both with platesetter and cast iron grid. Superpeel for pizza, iDevice for temperature.
    Cooking on the large in deepest, darkest England since Oct 2015. MMX added to the family Mar 2016.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff http://www.thecooksdigest.com
    --------------------------------------------------------------

• JNJGoedersJNJGoeders Posts: 90
    ...and it reflects my rustic nature.
    Iowa, 1 BGEXL, 1BGEMiniMax, a truck, a camper and some horses and atvs :D Let's play!
  • StillH2OEggerStillH2OEgger Posts: 1,910
    That looks fantastic! Nice work.
    Stillwater, MN
  • Very nicely done. 
    Bucks County, PA
    Minimax, XL, Flameboss 200, Roccbox

• JohnnyTarheelJohnnyTarheel Posts: 5,139
    Awesome setup !!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
    Thank you!
  • bucky925bucky925 Posts: 966
    Nice, I wish I was that talented!
    Live fast. die young, and leave a well marbled corps. 
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 16,777
    Great set up and skill set right there.  Congrats.  
    Louisville;  L & S BGEs, PBC, Lang 36; Burnin' wood in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer.  
  • EggNorthEggNorth Posts: 1,126
    Great setup. hopefully the hot-tub is down wind, nothing like relaxing in the tub with the smell of the BGE going.
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    LBGE (2010), Mini Max (2015)
  • SciAggieSciAggie Posts: 3,564
    Nicely done! 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven.
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 23,020
    nice spot, you need a mini right next to the hot tubb
  • SamIAm2SamIAm2 Posts: 759
    Love your setup although my spa is around the corner but I can still smell the meat cooking! Used to have the same spa and cover with lifter. Absolutely enjoyed the spa; sold it to our ex-DIL when we got our 12' exercise spa with automatic cover lifter.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • northGAcocknorthGAcock Posts: 10,045
    Very nice indeed. I always enjoy looking at folk's cookin area. Appreciate your sharing. Love the lights.
    Columbia, South Carolina with a Medium, MiniMax & a 17" Blackstone

Talk-in' 'bout, hey now! Hey now! I-ko, I-ko, un-day
    Jock-a-mo fee-no ai na-né, jock-a-mo fee na-né

• SBGonzoSBGonzo Posts: 135
    Wow Great Job...Egg on!
  • NC_EggheadNC_Egghead Posts: 542
    Looks like a great set up!
    Charlotte, NC

XL BGE, WSM, Weber Genesis 2, Weber Kettle
  • NPHuskerFLNPHuskerFL Posts: 16,940
    Great cozy spot to relax and egg away. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
    @Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    There's about 7 inches worth of gap all the way around...do you think that's enough?

• Very nice set up. Water faucet, lighting and storage are great, no reason to ever go inside!
  • JohnEggGioJohnEggGio Posts: 391
    Probably not a good spot to store the tiki fluid...

Very nice setup!
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • HotchHotch Posts: 3,326
    Nicely done!
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • buzzvolbuzzvol Posts: 301
    Probably not a good spot to store the tiki fluid...

Very nice setup!
    Well, how else is she going to light the the lump?
    Lawrenceville, GA
  • GoldenQGoldenQ Posts: 232
    7 inches is probably enough  I keep my xl only far enough away from the wall to tilt the head or top

Great kitchen I am jealous
    I XL  and 1 Weber Kettle  And 1 Weber Q220       Outside Alvin, TX-- South of Houston
  • @Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    There's about 7 inches worth of gap all the way around...do you think that's enough?

I was thinking more on the bottom of the egg. Do you have wood under the egg or is it all stone?
    Snellville, GA

• lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 16,777
    @Eggdicted_Dawgfan - is on it.  There have been several fatigue failures of the wood under a BGE (even with a paver).  And on a few occasions the BGE was operating when the failure happened.  Air gaped (table nest) spacing is worth the piece of mind.  FWIW-
    Louisville;  L & S BGEs, PBC, Lang 36; Burnin' wood in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer.  
  • SaintJohnsEggerSaintJohnsEgger Posts: 1,253
    lousubcap said:
    @Eggdicted_Dawgfan - is on it.  There have been several fatigue failures of the wood under a BGE (even with a paver).  And on a few occasions the BGE was operating when the failure happened.  Air gaped (table nest) spacing is worth the piece of mind.  FWIW-
    Agreed. And that looks like a mobile home. IF so then that can be a dangerous combination. I'm not saying don't do it but rather just be aware of the dangers and be careful.
    Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.

1 wife, 4 kids, 3 dogs, 1 cat, 1 bird, 1 Large Egg 10/28/16 and 1 MiniMax 04/29/17

KAB, Adjustable Rig, PSWoo, FlameBoss 200, SmokeWare Chimney Cap

• Great set up!  I really like the sink.  Where does it drain to? 
    Simi Valley, California
    LBGE, PBC, Annova, SMOBot
  • lousubcap said:
    Agreed. And that looks like a mobile home. IF so then that can be a dangerous combination. I'm not saying don't do it but rather just be aware of the dangers and be careful.
    Looks kinda like a stucco house on a crawl space. Seems like the only thing to be immediately concerned about is the wood under/around the eggs. 
    Snellville, GA