Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Heading to Turks & Cacaos next week

Options
Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,674
Never been to Turks & Cacaos. Taking daughters family (this instead of Seaside).
See what is on the internet but looking for some ideas you may have.
Thanks
Mickey
Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    Man you don't sit still for long! Good to see your are enjoying the retired life. Sorry no help for T&C. 
    Snellville, GA

• Mickey
    Options
    Man you don't sit still for long! Good to see your are enjoying the retired life. Sorry no help for T&C. 
    No, this retirement thing is busy. Put 75k miles on a new 2014 Sienna when I retired 3 years ago and traded it off for a 2017 Sienna. Put 4300 miles on it in two weeks. Might go back to work for a breather (nooooo). 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Mick, if I had just half of your money I would, well, you already know. 
    Here is a few pics from down there. 

Mick, with your endless supply of money, you will have a blast. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    And for the record, all of you rich folks make me sick. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Mickey
    Options
    @SGH The water is what we are going for. Told everything except the water looks like west Texas. 

• Mickey
    Options
    SGH said:
    Love you man, wish we could meet.

• SGH
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Most of the water has a minimum of 150 foot visibility. On a pretty day, it's more than that. I hit 162 foot with my rebreather at Grand Turk, I could clearly look up and see birds on the surface. You won't be disappointed in the water ole buddy. 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    Mickey said:
    SGH said:
    Love you man, wish we could meet.
    We are going to make that happen brother. Love you too. 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    Mick are you going diving?

Status- Standing by.

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Mickey,
    The ONLY real reason to vacation in the Turks is to relax and enjoy the beautiful beaches and the water.
    Everything is shipped into the Island so everything is expensive. Dont waste your time shopping. Even an expesive restaurant will be good at best. It's all about the view.
    Take a boat excursion or kayak excursion. I think they have a nature/turtle park.

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    I for one have been back here following this retirement and smiling.  Good for you sir. Enjoy your retirement! Nothing to add here either regarding the t & c either. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Mickey
    Options
    SGH said:
    No diving. Snorkel only. 

• Mickey
    Options

Photo Egg said:
    Mickey,
    The ONLY real reason to vacation in the Turks is to relax and enjoy the beautiful beaches and the water.
    Everything is shipped into the Island so everything is expensive. Dont waste your time shopping. Even an expesive restaurant will be good at best. It's all about the view.
    Take a boat excursion or kayak excursion. I think they have a nature/turtle park.

Will use that advice. 

• blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    Mickey said:
    SGH said:
    No diving. Snorkel only. 
    you're gonna love it.  you can snorkel right from the beach.

we went fishing one day. got in a little boat and motored like hell away from the island.  i don't know how far away we got but you could see the bottom for an incredible amount of it.

the water down there is amazing.  
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    Sounds like a great time. Enjoy! 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Mickey, every time you post, my retirement age gets pushed back another year.  You seem to be doing it right.
  • Mickey
    Options
    Legume said:
    Mickey, every time you post, my retirement age gets pushed back another year.  You seem to be doing it right.
    Do it as soon as you can (IMO). 

• Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    Mickey,

Went in Feb. the advice above is true.  Not a whole lot worth doing there unless relaxing or kite surfing or snorkeling/diving. 

Oh - Conch fritters at every meal!! 
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite.