Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Selling my small

If anyone in northern Utah is looking for a small:

http://www.ksl.com/classifieds/listing/45041069

A mini max has arrived at my house, and unfortunately the small is the victim.  Sad to see it go, but the herd must be thinned.  I bought it from leisure living in 2010, and it is warranted if someone here buys it needs a claim in the future for something on it, I would be happy to help.

Comments

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,024
    Very fair price. Someone will be a happy new egg owner!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited July 2017
    Thinning the herd is not an option! 
    Good price though.
    Do what ya gotta do, I guess.  ;)

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    @cookingdude555 wish I lived closer ... Oddly enough my first job wasn't too far from you. Lived in Blackfoot, ID for about 7 months.

if I was there I'd snatch it up 
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Very fair price. But I would hold off selling until you are sure you like your MM better.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,188
    I wish I didn't have to thin the herd, but one (at least) has to go (1 XL, 2 L, 1 M, 1 Sm, 1 MM, 1 Mi - :o ). The mini max was only $375 new in the box.  The small doesn't serve a need for me right now (really, does more than one smoker/grill provide a need?).  I don't think the mini max is better than the small, but the MM is just a tad easier to move around, and grill real estate is shrinking on my patio.  I could possibly even put the MM in the shed where the mini lives sometimes until I want to take it somewhere.  The medium does most of our cooking when a smaller grill is needed.  I'm not in a hurry to sell, we will see what happens.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,314
    Definitely a good price.  With that stable I get the deal with culling the herd.  Now if you are really in no hurry you can relist and jack the price.  You may get someone.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • cookingdude555
    lousubcap said:
    Definitely a good price.  With that stable I get the deal with culling the herd.  Now if you are really in no hurry you can relist and jack the price.  You may get someone.  
    You're right. I could probably raise the price some. I've had some nibbles. I don't anticipate it will last more than a few days. 
  • cookingdude555
    Thanks Brenda, I hope you enjoy Ragnar (she had it named before she left!). I hope you join the forum and learn more about your first egg!

• cookingdude555
    Time to assemble the mini max ..
  • cookingdude555
    Thread from the dead!

Don't ever sell your eggs, you will just buy them back again.  I decided to pick up a small egg that has been sitting at my dealer for over a year or two for a really good price.  I probably should not post the price online.  I missed my small, so I picked this up for my Bday from my wife to me.

Next to the joe jr:

First cook, jalapeno brats:

And found a pic of the old small I sold, sad I sold it. But someone else got to experience an egg, and the new one was not much more money than I sold this one for.

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Hey, enjoy the egg. Glad you have what you know you want now. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,314
    Way to post up and congrats on the acquisition.  I love my SBGE-a hacker for sure.
    Now, if I could get a solid deal on SWMBO with a no buy-back clause... =)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • cookingdude555
    Thanks @SciAggie and @lousubcap. Not sure why other pics didn’t post. 

One more try:

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    edited May 2020
    lousubcap said:
    Now, if I could get a solid deal on SWMBO with a no buy-back clause... =)
    You are soooo lucky it’s not Friday night.
    So many interruptions for SWMBO...
    But I’m sure it’s only some kind of cool smoker.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,887
    edited May 2020
    Just my wife and I, but in spite of having 4 eggs to choose from my Small does 70 or maybe 80% of all my cooks! Mine is a real workhorse! I realize the M/M is merely an old Small with the base cut down and then the price KICKED WAY up so I will tell anyone given the chance to buy a Small - even a used one - to do so and never look back!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • cookingdude555
    RRP said:
    Just my wife and I, but in spite of having 4 eggs to choose from my Small does 70 or maybe 80% of all my cooks! Mine is a real workhorse! I realize the M/M is merely an old Small with the base cut down and then the price KICKED WAY up so I will tell anyone given the chance to buy a Small - even a used one - to do so and never look back!
    Yep agreed. But I still like my mini max. It’s a more capable mini,  it doesn’t compete with the small. 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Now with the virus situation and all our children are home again, the mini max does not get used as often, as when it was just My Beautiful Wife and I. Larger cooks and roasts is the norm for our home.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Woadie
    Woadie Posts: 154

One more try:

If you don’t mind me asking, but what size stand did you put your small in?
  • cookingdude555
    edited May 2020
    Woadie said:

One more try:

@woadie, both the small egg and Kamado joe jr are in small nests. Better angle:

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    I've bookmarked this thread, to show caliqueen , the next time she starts talking about selling some of my gear.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,022
    caliking said:
    I've bookmarked this thread, to show caliqueen , the next time she starts talking about selling some of my gear.
    I sold a Weber Kettle once.  Still wish I hadn't done that.  Traded a Weber Genesis gasser for some steaks and $40.  That one doesn't bother me.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • cookingdude555
    @Ozzie_Isaac, now is the time to redeem yourself. 
  • Woadie
    Woadie Posts: 154
    Woadie said:

One more try:

@woadie, both the small egg and Kamado joe jr are in small nests. Better angle:

Sounds good.  I appreciate it. 
  • lwrehm
    lwrehm Posts: 381
    I have a small that I think about selling now and then, I just never use it, always just fire up the large.
  • cookingdude555
    @lwrehm, I think you know my recommendation here. :)

id keep it.