Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Coolers again... WTH????

Options
If I ever see one of these out in the wild I'm going to have to laugh at the idiot with it and turn around and leave that area immediately.

https://www.sovaro.com/coolers/hard-sided-coolers.html/

Franklin, Tn
LBGE - Cast Iron Grate - Flameboss 300 - BGEtisserie

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Ridiculous.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Man that is one classy a$$ cooler. It's even lined with cutting boards. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,346
    Options
    Why is that really any more ridiculous than a Yeti?

Both firms seem to just be marketing to Yuppies. 

I'm guessing that the folks that the Sovaro might appeal to really couldn't care less about the price anyway.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    If I ever see one of these out in the wild I'm going to have to laugh at the idiot with it and turn around and leave that area immediately.

https://www.sovaro.com/coolers/hard-sided-coolers.html/

You take that on the dinghy when leaving the yacht for a remote island for a beach lunch.  Your "people" carry it. 

Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Hairless_Hand
    Options
    @HeavyG What about your Grey Poupon?
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,835
    Options
    When my brother-in-law gets enough money to buy his wife the Hinckley Picnic Boat that she wants that will be the perfect cooler for them.

@fishlessman probably knows the type.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• TN_Sister_State
    TN_Sister_State Posts: 1,130
    Options
    I knew my fellow eggers wouldn't disappoint. 
    Franklin, Tn

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,947
    Options
    A fool and his money something something...
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    One more reason my bank account hates this place!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    HeavyG said:

I mean, to their credit, I can finally get a cooler in black so it looks nicer when I need to pull another chilled bottle of Cristal from the trunk of my Maybach.

One of their grey soft sided coolers would look nice to hold the spray cheese and Ritz crackers to go with my Cristal.
    Still ridiculous.  #RTIC
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • HeavyG
    Options
    thetrim said:
    One more reason my bank account hates this place!
    Perhaps we can get a group buy deal going!
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Foghorn
    Options
    I want to see a comparison to Yeti on it's ice retention.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,341
    Options
    Knowing about that rig (absent @TN_Sister_State 's enlightenment  which raises a question or two) means you are running in a life-style or orbit so far above my sphere that even a well planned escape velocity ride wouldn't get close.  
    But if you can cavalierly toss that back, good for you.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • TN_Sister_State
    Options
    @lousubcap I just never thought we would see a luxury cooler market. That just blows my mind.
    Franklin, Tn

• TN_Sister_State
    Options
    I guess you would see it in the back of this guy.

Franklin, Tn

• Foghorn
    Options
    I guess you would see it in the back of this guy.

Now it makes sense.

San Antonio, TX

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    On BGE Facebook page...

------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,341
    Options
    Where's the yacht for evening's entertainment?  First time I have seen a copter on a road-house.  Could be good for the speed trap locations and thus improved overall trip time.  Lord knows I could have used such alertment in my youth.  Have a great weekend.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Foghorn
    Options
    On BGE Facebook page...

That's a pretty good reality check.  We all own what most would call a luxury grill and we are turning up our noses at luxury coolers...  We're a bunch of hypocrites.

Of course, that doesn't mean I'm going to stop doing it. :)

San Antonio, TX

• Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,361
    Options
    I'm only buying these now, coolers are so last week. Yep that's a bucket. 

Jacksonville FL
  • DaveRichardson
    DaveRichardson Posts: 2,324
    Options
    HeavyG said:

I mean, to their credit, I can finally get a cooler in black so it looks nicer when I need to pull another chilled bottle of Cristal from the trunk of my Maybach.

One of their grey soft sided coolers would look nice to hold the spray cheese and Ritz crackers to go with my Cristal.
    I think the Maybach comes with a Cristal chiller....

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• HeavyG
    Options
    Yeah but it's just for one bottle...gotta have more ready to roll.

• Brason
    Brason Posts: 330
    Options
    I was so excited to tell you guys about my new cooler...Never mind I guess
    Cheers,

Jason

Orange County- CA
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,043
    Options
    On BGE Facebook page...

Link doesn't go anywhere.  Where do I register?
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    I won't say who's, but if I had a certain forum members money, I would buy everyone on here one of those coolers.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    SGH said:
    I won't say who's, but if I had a certain forum members money, I would buy everyone on here one of those coolers.  
    Sign me up
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    DMW said:
    SGH said:
    Sign me up
    Brother D, you have my word that you would be one of the first three to receive one. No question of it my friend. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    SGH said:
    DMW said:
    SGH said:
    Sign me up
    Brother D, you have my word that you would be one of the first three to receive one. No question of it my friend. 
    @SGH I hope you can make it to @nolaegghead's BC in October. I'm planning to be there.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker