Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

darn i missed it

Options
headed off the lake early Saturday, fishing was slow and bourbon slushies were calling =)

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it

Comments

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,767
    Options
    Nice picture---saw something like that in Sea of Cortez last year..hopefully no one was injured
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    Nice picture---saw something like that in Sea of Cortez last year..hopefully no one was injured
    wish i saw it, was off the lake a few minutes to a half before it touched down. seen a few down in abaco while fishing, fun to watch, the guide wouldnt take us there
    fukahwee maine

• Florida Grillin Girl
    Options

I'm glad you were off the lake when that happened.  I took this pic from my balcony and it scared the #$%^& out of me. You are right, it's fun to watch, until it starts coming in your direction!
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • fishlessman
    edited July 2017
    Options

I'm glad you were off the lake when that happened.  I took this pic from my balcony and it scared the #$%^& out of me. You are right, it's fun to watch, until it starts coming in your direction!
    something in me says to troll right into that thing, almost like a bucket list thing =) ive got 40 foot rogue wave, and hurricane scratched off :o 40 foot wave was a doozy, was like the cables snapped off an elevator . was really a 20 footer, there was a 40 foot hole behind the 20 footer =)
    fukahwee maine

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options

something in me says to troll right into that thing, almost like a bucket list thing =) ive got 40 foot rogue wave, and hurricane scratched off :o 40 foot wave was a doozy, was like the cables snapped off an elevator . was really a 20 footer, there was a 40 foot hole behind the 20 footer =)
    Up until this post,  I thought it might be fun to go fishing with you.   :smiley:

It also sheds some light on what you may have been trying to do with your hummer.  :smiley:

Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • fishlessman
    Options
    kl8ton said:

Up until this post,  I thought it might be fun to go fishing with you.   :smiley:

It also sheds some light on what you may have been trying to do with your hummer.  :smiley:

i put flotation in the boat a few years ago just cause i thought that might be a good idea =) the bite is actually good when the eye passes over, the back side though was interesting.  the squall with the big waves was a setup, i passed right by bushes secret service on kittery point as they were heading in, they could have said something ;)
    fukahwee maine

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Very cool brother fishless.  I've seen 3 in my life, none as cool as this post.  Just need buckets and big nets to harvest the falling fish ;)
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga