Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Where was SGH when you need a quick butcher job?

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,889
Today a truck accident in IL killed 19 hogs out of 165 being transported. Had Scottie been around we might have had a pork BBQ right then and there!
http://www.pjstar.com/news/20170619/hog-heaven-swine-killed-as-truck-flips-on-interstate-74-near-congerville
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• Eggscuses
    Eggscuses Posts: 399
    Options
    What would happen with the rest of the pig? You know he'd only be bbq ing the anus.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Sure wish that I had been there Ron. It would have looked like a scene from Friday the 13th. We would have cut a couple of them up before anyone was the wiser.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• RRP
    Options
    Eggscuses said:
    What would happen with the rest of the pig? You know he'd only be bbq ing the anus.
    Well - that would be a good question in the other 49 states, but here the LAME, CROOKED politicians would have stuffed their pockets with the best parts and stolen the *ssholes to give to the Chicago *ssholes who keep re-electing them! Don't believe me? Check to see how many Illinois governors end up in prison compared to the other 49 states! 
  • Eggscuses
    Eggscuses Posts: 399
    Options
    Lol our wonderful ex governor John Rowland is in for the 2nd time.
  • RRP
    Options
    Eggscuses said:
    Lol our wonderful ex governor John Rowland is in for the 2nd time.
    Well most of our crooks don't get re-elected in time to get to a second term before going to prison. OTOH how many of your politicians get convicted of raping small boys while they were a trusted coach? And then of course we have the "community organier" who...or never mind....
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    RRP said:
    Eggscuses said:
    Well - that would be a good question in the other 49 states, but here the LAME, CROOKED politicians would have stuffed their pockets with the best parts and stolen the *ssholes to give to the Chicago *ssholes who keep re-electing them! Don't believe me? Check to see how many Illinois governors end up in prison compared to the other 49 states! 
    Say it isnt so Ron!  Illinois? Chicago? corrupt politicians?  No way it cant be!

I see Rahm Emmanuel is doing a fine job ensuring the safety of Chicago......
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    RRP said:
    Eggscuses said:
    Louisiana is the reigning king of corrupt politicians. 

(from http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/the_big_idea/2008/12/political_corruption_smackdown.html)

But don't count Louisiana out. According to statistics compiled by the Corporate Crime Reporter, it was No. 1 for the period between 1997 and 2006, with 326 federal corruption convictions. That's a rate of 7.67 per 100,000 residents. Illinois had 524 convictions in the same period, but with a larger population, its rate was only 4.68, which puts it an embarrassing sixth. And Louisiana can boast some impressive streaks. In 2001 Jim Brown became the third consecutive insurance commissioner to be convicted. New Orleans Rep. William Jefferson, who was just defeated for re-election, liked cold, hard cash so much he kept the bundles of bills supplied by a FBI sting operation in his freezer. His brother, sister, and niece recently joined him under indictment.