Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Couple of Steaks for a Friend

Options
2»

Comments

• JNDATHP
    JNDATHP Posts: 461
    Options
    Brought tears posting the above...remembering Captain my partner for 17 years, 13 on the job. 
    Michael
    Large BGE
    Reno, NV
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    @Cashfan
    I offer condolences for your loss. These are not empty words or platitudes when I tell you, I too have been there, and share your pain.
    It is difficult to lose such a wonderful companion you shared your life with, and one that took care of you, just as you took care of him.
    You did the right thing. You did the responsible thing. He will always be in your memories, and your heart, just like you were in his.
    Keep your chin up. You had a great friend, and will always remember those good times. You owe it to him. You are a great owner, and his best friend.
    Kindest regards, my friend. I wish you the best.

"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Very sorry for your loss.  That picture of him in th back seat is a great one.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Cashfan
    Cashfan Posts: 416
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Very sorry for your loss.  That picture of him in th back seat is a great one.  
    Thanks

That photo has become my favorite of him as well. Not only because its the last one I took, but it captures him so well as he always was in the truck. He would be just as excited at hour 6 that he was when he got in!! I am looking into having it edited and framed, I am hoping the photo quality is good enough to do that with. Hopefully I can find a photographer that could do something like that for me.

The other photo, the drawing, is the other side of him. Kind of pouty and looking bored, waiting for food or a ride.

I brought him home today; bittersweet. It's comforting to know that he is back home. I'm going to have a friend build a nice box for his ashes and put a couple of his toys in it as well. He was fond of squeaker balls and drywall screws, and I have a couple of each I am going to save.