Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rock River Valley Eggfest.

Options
One week to the 4th annual RRV Eggfest brought to you by Jim Prescott BBQ Shop (6-17-17). Folks in and around Northern Illinois stop on by. It's 45 min from quad cities and an hour from the Wisconsin state line area. Short drive from the Western Suburbs. Not a big fest, but plenty of good food and company. Love to see you there.  

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    Too bad it's such a haul and I am other-wise wimping out.  Didn't you work in some good will and advertising with a local radio host for this last year or am I just lost and confused?  Regardless, the pics from this deal would be enough enticement for anyone within a reasonable distance.
    Above all, have fun as I'm sure you will.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Too bad it's such a haul and I am other-wise wimping out.  Didn't you work in some good will and advertising with a local radio host for this last year or am I just lost and confused?  Regardless, the pics from this deal would be enough enticement for anyone within a reasonable distance.
    Above all, have fun as I'm sure you will.
    Had music a couple years. My buddy can't make it this year and we opted for radio/pandora or something. We do get some free am radio pub. It's a busy weekend around these parts. Several competing events. Oh well, that means the people that show up are truly interested. 

Thank you you for the well wishes sir. 
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,898
    Options
    Sent your link for this EggFest to my friend who just got back from Pekin, IL where he was trying to convince several of his northern cousins to get BGE's. They were cooking on a gasser with AL foil on the grate. Thinks they might be close after he educated them a bit. Hoping they go and this pushes them to purchase.

A small fest with a knowledgeable egger should be just right. Friend says next year he and family plan to go back to Pekin and make sure they all go to the 5th annual Rock River Valley Eggfest!! Hope this years addition gets more attention for you. Always enjoy talking to cooks and tasters at these affairs.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • pgprescott
    Options
    SamIAm2 said:
    Sent your link for this EggFest to my friend who just got back from Pekin, IL where he was trying to convince several of his northern cousins to get BGE's. They were cooking on a gasser with AL foil on the grate. Thinks they might be close after he educated them a bit. Hoping they go and this pushes them to purchase.

A small fest with a knowledgeable egger should be just right. Friend says next year he and family plan to go back to Pekin and make sure they all go to the 5th annual Rock River Valley Eggfest!! Hope this years addition gets more attention for you. Always enjoy talking to cooks and tasters at these affairs.
    Thank you for the well wishes. I'm hoping the weather is kind to us. Both @RRP and @Jeepster47 made it last year from the Peoria area. This year, Ron has had dental surgery and Tom has moved on to warmer, sandier snake infested pastures. Love to see you in the future. Thanks again. 
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Looking forward to it Pete. 
    Not really sure what I'm gonna cook?
    Leaning towards some pan pizzas, rotating a couple of 12" skillets?  Maybe some wangs?

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• pgprescott
    Options
    Focker said:
    Looking forward to it Pete. 
    Not really sure what I'm gonna cook?
    Leaning towards some pan pizzas, rotating a couple of 12" skillets?  Maybe some wangs?

That all sounds great to me! Looking forward to seeing ya! Hope the weather cooperates. 
  • Bentgrass
    Bentgrass Posts: 443
    Options
    What is the date and location ?
    1. Bettendorf, Ia with lots of time in Chattanooga, Tn.  LBGE, plate setter, ar, Looft lighter, maverick et-735, Rutland gasket, Smokeware SS cap, Kickash basket, and lots of cast iron.
  • pgprescott
    Options
    Bentgrass said:
    What is the date and location ?
    Sterling IL, this Saturday. http://jimprescottsbbqshop.com/egg-fest/

Love to see you. 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Pete....you keep um straight up thar! Ya'll have fun!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • pgprescott
    Options
    Pete....you keep um straight up thar! Ya'll have fun!
    Will do Robin, thanks! 
  • pgprescott
    Options
    Rain or shine, here we come! See you all tomorrow. 
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Go forth, enjoy, do great things (as you are known to do) and above all, have fun.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    Wish I could have been there, but I'm still slurping liquid soup 3 days later - plus with my swollen jaw I'd probably trip somebody and you'd get sued for having me around, Pete!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • pgprescott
    Options
    RRP said:
    Wish I could have been there, but I'm still slurping liquid soup 3 days later - plus with my swollen jaw I'd probably trip somebody and you'd get sued for having me around, Pete!
    Next time Ron. Get yourself healed up my man. Hope Pat is able to tolerate her patient. 
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,898
    Options
    Hope you have fair weather, lots of tasters, and time to eat some of the other cooks food. Oh, and Pictures! Yes!
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • pgprescott
    Options
    SamIAm2 said:
    Hope you have fair weather, lots of tasters, and time to eat some of the other cooks food. Oh, and Pictures! Yes!
    Thank you for the well wishes! I will do my best. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options
    Good luck Pete!  If I lived anywhere close I'd definitely swing by for this.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • pgprescott
    Options
    Good luck Pete!  If I lived anywhere close I'd definitely swing by for this.  
    Thanks John! I'm gonna get to the blast one year. You guys set a great standard. Us stiffs just try to keep pace in the dust. I appreciate the well wishes. 
  • Fayborg
    Fayborg Posts: 82
    Options
    Pete,  I enjoyed your Eggfest.  Lots of good food being offered, plank salmon, various sausages, pizza, burgers, pears and I think smoked egg plant to name a few.

Thanks Focker for the info on your pizza making and gloves.  

Hope the the rain held off.  I picked up a couple rubs. One old stand by and one new to try.  
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @pgprescott -  Survived??  Based on the above, another great event into the history books.  More to follow I'm sure.  
  • pgprescott
    Options
    Holy cow! It was a great madhouse!  More later. Now we drink!
  • pgprescott
    Options
    Phew, loaded the last egg a half hour ago. A couple Woodfords with @Focker and it's a wrap. Huge thanks to all the cooks and all the attendees. This was a huge success for our small town egg community.  Much appreciated folks. 
  • pgprescott
    Options
    Fayborg said:
    Pete,  I enjoyed your Eggfest.  Lots of good food being offered, plank salmon, various sausages, pizza, burgers, pears and I think smoked egg plant to name a few.

Thanks Focker for the info on your pizza making and gloves.  

Hope the the rain held off.  I picked up a couple rubs. One old stand by and one new to try.  
    Great to see you @Fayborg. It was a great day and we were truly blessed with the weather. I lost considerable sleep this week worrying about the weather. @Focker is a Rockstar!  Thanks for your support FAY. 
  • Cashfan
    Cashfan Posts: 416
    Options
    Looks like a great time! Wish there was an eggfest around here.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    Looks like a "fun time was had by all !!!" Personally I think the small personal eggfests ROCK compared to those big ones with hundreds cooking and the public feeding at the troff! Now that the Peoria Eggfest bit the dust after 14 years then yours, Pete, will be my go to destination. Being able to say howdy to you, @Fayborg and @Focker would have been cool - penciled in for next year!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Great stuff Pete!  You need to cook for me I wish. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • pgprescott
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    I'm a hack compared to the others at the Fest. We were blessed with a lucky window between severe storms and of course great company. One day Brent. Of course, you eat like a king already! 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    I'm a hack compared to the others at the Fest. We were blessed with a lucky window between severe storms and of course great company. One day Brent. Of course, you eat like a king already! 
    We must break bread my friend. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga