Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Cooler!

Options

Comments

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    Where's the wheels? 
  • chuckytheegghead
    chuckytheegghead Posts: 1,201
    Options
    What's the price tag on that?
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options
    This BGE's entry in the Yeti market Pete?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    edited May 2017
    Options
    It's a Pelican. My BGE Distributor told me about the branding a while back.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • kweitz
    kweitz Posts: 305
    Options
    Jealous.......just jealous!

Charles Town, West-by-God Virginia

Sazco large Casa-Q

Large BGE

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    This BGE's entry in the Yeti market Pete?
    Pelican. 
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options

What's the price tag on that?
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    I've seen the pelican coolers and they are top notch.  Much nicer than the others in my opinion.  Lots of innovation for their other products in these coolers.....no brainer stuff the others should have.

I have a lot of 10 - 20+ yr old Pelican products from my former career as a helicopter pilot and other hobbies.  Flashlights, camera cases, rifle cases, NVG cases, the case for my drone, etc.  All of them are freaking awesome.....they have taken a beating and travelled a lot of miles.
  • chuckytheegghead
    chuckytheegghead Posts: 1,201
    Options
    Any idea what the capacity is?
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I guess HQ figures they can sell just about any quality product with the BGE logo on it, and they're probably right.  
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    It looks hmmm green.  Sun magnet?

Options
    Hotch said:
    It's a Pelican. My BGE Distributor told me about the branding a while back.
    You can see Pelican on the lid in the photo too.
  • stlcharcoal
    Options
    Any idea what the capacity is?

One thing pelican does is put the true capacity of it......the INNER capacity.  Not how much water it displaces EXTERNALLY.   So, a 35 qt Pelican holds 35qts, not like the Yeti 35 which holds 28 qts.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    I guess HQ figures they can sell just about any quality product with the BGE logo on it, and they're probably right.  
    The Force is always strong when used on fanboys.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    I don't know what a standard Pelican cooler that size runs, but if it's a lot less than $380... yeah.
  • stlcharcoal
    Options
    Next year they're supposed to put wheels on the elite series.....that's when I'll bring them into our store/warehouse.  Too heavy now loaded up!
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
    edited May 2017
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    I don't know what a standard Pelican cooler that size runs, but if it's a lot less than $380... yeah.
    $350 for non-BGE branded.  Seems like a reasonable mark-up to me.

I think its pretty cool.  Had no idea it was in the works.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    HeavyG said:

I agree that's not egregious, but you're basically paying another $30 for one in green.  To each his own I guess.
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    Have only had positive experiences with Pelican.  Their service support is right up there with Flameboss.  Called to get a replacement latch once ... the lady commented that the second latch might give me problems also, so they sent two latches and new pivot pins.  It wasn't just that they sent extra parts, but she seemed genuinely sorry that I had a failure.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    HeavyG said:

I agree that's not egregious, but you're basically paying another $30 for one in green.  To each his own I guess.
    I'll buy one to keep my kool aid cold!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio