Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Leftovers: do you re-heat or eat cold?

Options
Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,674
Just posted about re-heating ribs and got to thinking if I am the only one eating any leftover cold out of the fridge?
I never heat any leftover, but my family would never do it that way. 
Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    i like them cold better, great boat snack in the summer
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    I like them warmed, but will snack on the cold leftovers while the items are warming either in the SV or microwave.  

My wife thinks I'm gross for doing that.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Cold, standing in front of the fridge.
  • TN_Sister_State
    TN_Sister_State Posts: 1,130
    Options
    Im a cold leftover eater. Ill eat any and all cold and it drives my wife, dad, and brothers nuts. 
    Franklin, Tn
    LBGE - Cast Iron Grate - Flameboss 300 - BGEtisserie

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Chicken is great cold, but I often reheat it. Lately, I've been putting it in the toaster oven for about 10-15 minutes while I prep the sides. Not wrapped, just on a piece of foil. Tastes like it just came off the egg. Re-crisps the skin too.

I haven't had ribs in several years, but I wouldn't want them cold. Would use the toaster oven for those too. Just bought a rack last week, as a matter of fact. Is once every four years too much? =)

Pizza? Cold? Not a chance!

Veggies are okay reheated in the microwave (as long as you cover them, but do yourself a favor and try meat in the toaster oven. It really is quite good.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Mickey
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Chicken is great cold, but I often reheat it. Lately, I've been putting it in the toaster oven for about 10-15 minutes while I prep the sides. Not wrapped, just on a piece of foil. Tastes like it just came off the egg. Re-crisps the skin too.

I haven't had ribs in several years, but I wouldn't want them cold. Would use the toaster oven for those too. Just bought a rack last week, as a matter of fact. Is once every four years too much? =)

Pizza? Cold? Not a chance!

Veggies are okay reheated in the microwave (as long as you cover them, but do yourself a favor and try meat in the toaster oven. It really is quite good.
    A chicken will last you 6 weeks. Are you like 6'2" and 170lbs?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    6 DAYS, my friend. =)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Mickey
    Options
    6 DAYS, my friend. =)
    Lunch & dinner here. Still bet you are thin

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    Always warm.  Except maybe a chicken breast on a sandwich or salad.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    Options
    For me, ribs must be warm.  Chicken and pizza are good either way, but I prefer warm.
    Flint, Michigan
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    Warm up LO but rarely make em so hot.....
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,406
    Options
    Pizza cold-reheat pretty much everything else.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    i dont eat pizza cold, i leave it out over night in the box for breakfast. that would be room temp =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,191
    Options
    Cold fried chicken is a Southern staple 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Wings, ribs, pizza, chicken, all cold.  Sometimes reheat.

When the kids were traveling for sports, we used to cook a bunch of ribs, cut them up individually and toss in sauce.  Pack them in ziploc bag and toss in cooler.  They absolutely disappeared.  Same with drumsticks.
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Chicken, chicken fried steak, pork chops, mac & cheese, pizza, generally cold. Other things generally warmed up in the microwave... Ribs, and brisket generally warmed.
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • BJM2932
    BJM2932 Posts: 119
    Options
    I love cold leftovers especially cold chicken. Also for lots of leftovers like casseroles, stews, veggies, and some sides, I put them in a pan for re-heating, and crack an egg or two over top. Have stumbled across some delicious concoctions doing this. 
    L BGE
    Paoli, PA

Instagram

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options