Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sous Vide-from freezer to Egg

Options
Frozen lamb chop were oiled, salted, peppered, added crushed garlic and thyme to bag and vacuum sealed. Sous vide at 138 for 90 minutes, then on the egg. Turned chop every 20 seconds until browned,  Did experiment with two; one added the Siracha sauce and the other had Guajillo sauce. Hard to decide which was best....may have to do this cook again to decide. Served with rice and peas (sorry no plated pics) 

Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx

Comments

• cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,194
    Options
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Nice! I need to do that... season/bag/freeze instead of just bag/freeze. 

How did the garlic do in the SV? I haven't tried that because I was worried the garlic would become a weird kinda funky in the SV. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Our son loves lamb chops, I will have to fix this meal for him. Thank you for posting it looks so delicious.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    @caliking chops were not seasoned before freezing.  I seasoned the frozen chops before putting in the H2O bath. Like you, I was't sure how garlic would do in the sous vide, so I only use three small smashed  cloves.  The garlic taste was barely discernible.  Next time I am will make garlic/salt paste and smear over the frozen chops before sealing.  

@YukonRon I purchased the chops from Costco.  They are from New Zealand and then thick cut by Costco butcher.  Don't know if this is a local to our store or done at all Costcos. 
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    @caliking chops were not seasoned before freezing.  I seasoned the frozen chops before putting in the H2O bath. Like you, I was't sure how garlic would do in the sous vide, so I only use three small smashed  cloves.  The garlic taste was barely discernible.  Next time I am will make garlic/salt paste and smear over the frozen chops before sealing.  

@YukonRon I purchased the chops from Costco.  They are from New Zealand and then thick cut by Costco butcher.  Don't know if this is a local to our store or done at all Costcos. 
    @Austin Egghead  I will check with my costco down the street.
    Thank you for the reply
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Thanks for the tips. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.