Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Link to Mickeys turbo ribs

Options
B747crew
B747crew Posts: 158
Can someone please help me with a link to the recipe for Mickeys turbo ribs. Family coming tomorrow and I really need to cook some good eats. Thanks Guys

Comments

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,844
    Options
    Scroll down a few posts at this link.  Very simple.

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1199770/turbo-ribs

The only way I've ever gone wrong on this cook was when I didn't have enough protection from below the ribs.  Something that is raised off the platesetter and blocking the rising heat is imperative (drip pan, foil, whatever).

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    We can argue all night long as has been done in MANY Mickey's Ribs threads before, but I'm in the NO FOIL camp. Also about using Bad Bryon's rub that is VERY salty - even to my salt loving wife. I used it once and threw that BB out, but YMMV. =)
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    Options
    Ron: +1 no foil.  +1 Bad Byron's is saltier than a pirate's language who stubbed his toe.
    Flint, Michigan
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    You know, I just gave the forum search option a shot at "Mickey's Turbo Ribs" and was duly rewarded.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Baby Back Turbo Ribs (No flip)
    350 indirect for 1hr 40 min. 
    Before cooking: Pull membrane , rub, mustard, rub. 
    Put on at 350 and leave the hell alone for about that time. This is called turbo ribs and I will never go back to 4 and 5 hour ribs. 
    Note: with or w/o mustard works .. I like Bad Byron's Butt Rub / I like cherry & pecan mix for wood. 
    If you want sauce: opened 15 min early and sauce. I like the sauce on the table.
     I don't cook over the 100 minutes. 

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    I don't trust anyone who tells me to cook anything for a certain amount of time. It just doesn't work. I buy Costco ribs and even in the same pack of ribs the 3 racks can finish 45 minutes apart. Learn to tell when ribs are done is the only fool proof method no matter how you cook them.
  • SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    I like when @Mickey posts, seems to be very rare these days. 
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • Mickey
    Options
    Lit said:
    I don't trust anyone who tells me to cook anything for a certain amount of time. It just doesn't work. I buy Costco ribs and even in the same pack of ribs the 3 racks can finish 45 minutes apart. Learn to tell when ribs are done is the only fool proof method no matter how you cook them.
    Never ask you to trust me. This is how I do it and it works just fine for me each time. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey
    Options

SoCalTim said:
    I like when @Mickey posts, seems to be very rare these days. 
    Thank you for the kind words. Staying on the road as much as possible. 
    Time for you guys to do the heavy lifting now.