Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Meat slicer

EggtyEggty Posts: 54
I picked up this meat slicer from a building the company I work for just bought. It needs a good cleaning. I can't find and diagrams online how to take it apart. Anybody have an place to look. 

Comments

• Nice score. These guys around here know how to  dissect those slicers like a heart surgeon. I'm sure they will be along soon to help.  
    Snellville, GA

• RRPRRP Posts: 22,526
    Brand name and model would be a good start. Have you tried looking on the net?
    L, M, S &  Mini

Ron
    Dunlap, IL
  • EggtyEggty Posts: 54
    I have no luck with diagram. I'm sure it's because I'm stupid today and just can use the internet properly  
  • kl8tonkl8ton Posts: 2,388
    LBGE - 36Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
    Thank You.  
  • That could be a score if it's working properly. It looks like you are either missing the carriage (the tray that holds the product being sliced) or it's not pictured. There should be a knob on the back of the slicer on the side where the blade is. It is attached to a long screw that runs through the middle of the blade and attaches to the blade guard. Unscrew that, remove the guard and  clean it and the blade (front and back). You have to be super careful when the guard is off! That's how you get cut.

You will find having some industrial spray sanitizer on hand will be helpful when cleaning your slicer. We use it on everything in the kitchen. You can buy it at Sams or Costco or order it on amazon. 
    1- LGBE
    1- KBQ C-60 (The Dishwasher)
    I- Blackstone 36" Griddle
    1- Sweet-A$$ Roccbox Pizza Oven
    1-Very Understanding and Forgiving Wife
  • FockerFocker Posts: 8,364
    edited May 2017
    WeberWho said:
    Nice lead V, and nice score on the Hobart.

Hoping you have that piece, if not, that's a dealbreaker.  Search the building.  Hobart parts are $$$
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• MolemanMoleman Posts: 190
    Cen trex, can you be more specific as to the sanitizer. I have a berkel slicer that I feel never gets all the tiny spots cleaned. Is this just a spray it on and leave it type spray? Thanks
    Focker said:
    WeberWho said:

Hoping you have that piece, if not, that's a dealbreaker.  Search the building.  Hobart parts are $$$
    What's a Lead V? It might help him know what to be looking for!
    L, M, S &  Mini

Ron
    Dunlap, IL
  • Moleman said:
    Cen trex, can you be more specific as to the sanitizer. I have a berkel slicer that I feel never gets all the tiny spots cleaned. Is this just a spray it on and leave it type spray? Thanks
    This is the one i get at sams. It is a food safe concentrated sanitizer that you mix 1.5tsp to 1 quart of water and use in a spray bottle. I believe costco has one as well. You can use bleach too but i got used to these types of sprays  when i had a restaurant way back in the day. They are great to use on cutting boards, non dishwasher safe knives, counter tops, brine buckets, slicers etc. 
    1- LGBE

• 1- LGBE
  • WeberWhoWeberWho Posts: 6,770
    RRP said:
    Focker said:
    WeberWho said:

It's my initial for my first name
  • FockerFocker Posts: 8,364
    edited May 2017
    Man, I break mine down with Dawn and hot water, that's it.  Nobody has gotten sick yet.  3 flathead screws for the knife and the bigger wing nut on the piece discussed.  I have a cut proof glove that cooknbiker gave my boy, works handy.  These knives, if sharp, will do significant damage with a slight graze...be careful.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• CTMikeCTMike Posts: 1,909
    Moleman said:
    Or you can save money and just mix up some bleach/water solution per this article:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&ved=0ahUKEwjyytPlwPDTAhXDVRoKHefwCz8QFgi1ATAB&url=http://ucfoodsafety.ucdavis.edu/files/26437.pdf&usg=AFQjCNFMx_tCvW2KVXfq0QO_fH2e2efdcQ&sig2=XHyNfWllgfpUbgUirtcoKQ

MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

Southeastern CT. 
    WeberWho said:
    RRP said:
    Focker said:
    WeberWho said:

I'm even more confused now! So why does @Focker think missing your first initial is a deal breaker and he should search the building! 
    L, M, S &  Mini

Ron
    Dunlap, IL
  • NPHuskerFLNPHuskerFL Posts: 17,216
    edited May 2017
    Parts Town or Heritage Food Service
    You may need an account to access files. 
    Model# & Serial#(if avail) and I could email you a pdf of the IPB. 
    Edit: Derp Derp 
    Just zoomed in and saw the m# etc

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
    PM your normal email address. Tried sending you the pdf and Vanilla won't allow it. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Have file saved in my account. Send email and I'll shoot it to you. Or not...Whatever floats your boat. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • WeberWhoWeberWho Posts: 6,770
    RRP said:
    WeberWho said:
    RRP said:
    Focker said:
    WeberWho said:

I'm even more confused now! So why does @Focker think missing your first initial is a deal breaker and he should search the building! 
    The letter "V" is the first letter of my name. 

Focker is saying "nice lead V" as I posted a link to the manual for the slicer Eggty picked up
    edited May 2017
    Didn't see your link @WeberWho ...ooh on sanitizing not unit itself. 

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Thanks everybody. I have the other pieces just not in picture. 
    Eggty said:
    Thanks everybody. I have the other pieces just not in picture. 
    And that "V" as well that @Focker told you to look for?  =)
    L, M, S &  Mini

Ron
    Dunlap, IL