Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: St Augustine is something to do this summer

Options
Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,674
30+ years ago we drove thru St Augustine and never returned. Had some time (have a lot of that now) and decided to give the City a second look. Spent 4 days and have a new favorite city. Great beaches, so much do do and see in the old city (started around 1513).
So if trying to think of somewhere to go....

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• Mickey
    Options
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• SaintJohnsEgger
    SaintJohnsEgger Posts: 1,826
    Options
    You were in my neck of the woods. I live in the northwest part of the county.

If you haven done so already then the next time down you need to check out the area around Marineland "the world's first oceanarium". Some great beaches there and a nice marine research center.
    Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Mickey! I talked to you last year when you were here and missed you. Are you saying you were here again and I didn't get to see you once again? Dude for real. Hopefully you're still in the area would be great to meet up. You should still have my number.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    360° view that you may recognize. Not sure if others will be able to see the whole thing though. 

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    Beach shot looks like Vilano by Porpoise Point?
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • stevez
    stevez Posts: 123
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Vacationed there about 2 years ago in September and had a fantastic time.  Loved the area too and will be back.  Really cool city.  We went to a large cat (lions, tigers) refuge about 10 miles away; can't remember the name, but had to make reservations and it was awesome. 
    Steve

X/L BGE

Louisville, Kentucky
  • Smokinpig
    Smokinpig Posts: 739
    Options
    We are actually planning a move to the Jacksonville-St. Augustine area. We visited Easter weekend to look around and really liked it. Hope to make it happen by the end of the year.   

LBGE Atlanta, GA

• nolabrew
    nolabrew Posts: 246
    Options
    My parents live in Flagler Beach which is about half way between St. Augustine and Daytona Beach.  We always spend some time in St. Augustine when I visit.  You should check it out at Christmas.  It's crowded but pretty amazing. 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Great pics.  I've only driven thru there and haven't had the chance to visit.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • SaintJohnsEgger
    SaintJohnsEgger Posts: 1,826
    Options
    Smokinpig said:
    We are actually planning a move to the Jacksonville-St. Augustine area. We visited Easter weekend to look around and really liked it. Hope to make it happen by the end of the year.   
    born and raised here (Jacksonville) and been in the area for almost 61 years. If you have any questions or need info on the area just PM me.

Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    We love that area.  I have a cousin with a beach house on the beach side of A1A in Crescent Beach so we have been there many times.  We have our eye on a couple of condo complexes on that beach as a potential investment/retirement spot.  That's where I discovered Datil Pepper BBQ sauce which is the key ingredient to the wings that won the Salado Wing cookoff. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Mickey
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    We love that area.  I have a cousin with a beach house on the beach side of A1A in Crescent Beach so we have been there many times.  We have our eye on a couple of condo complexes on that beach as a potential investment/retirement spot.  That's where I discovered Datil Pepper BBQ sauce which is the key ingredient to the wings that won the Salado Wing cookoff. 
    I have a bottle I am bringing home. 

• DaveRichardson
    DaveRichardson Posts: 2,324
    Options
    My favorite drive is the one down A1A from Flagler to Ormond Beach.... right along the ocean.... you can see the dolphins playing in the water nearly the whole trip!

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!