Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

portabella sliders on acorn squash gnocchi buns

ZippylipZippylip Posts: 4,686
It's been too many years since I've made these & I had forgotten how good they are, though this is a vegetarian version.  Just make a batch of gnocchi dough (here grilled acorn squash stands in for either potato or ricotta) then pan fry the little ‘buns’ in olive oil, be generous with the Happy Nancy after the first flip, then a quick flip after the other side is done to weld the rub on there. For the burgers I used grilled portobello mushrooms, caramelized onions, avocado & roasted red peppers topped with spicy sriracha mayo

Fvcking tasty, requires some good music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqBWi4lhqh8

happy in the hut
West Chester Pennsylvania

Comments

• KayakKayak Posts: 158
    edited April 2017
    And this, folks, is why vegetarians are as fat as the rest of us. Man that looks good!

Bob

New Cumberland, PA
    XL with the usual accessories

• bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 16,468
    Awesome work.  Amazing cook!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • I couldn't have come up with that cook in a million years but it looks damn good for not having any BEEF! 
    Snellville, GA

• Rte1985Rte1985 Posts: 304
    This is the inspiration I need to cook for some good friends of ours who are vegetarians!  They are so hard to cook for when my house is full of t-Rex s!
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 8,048
    Dayuum!

-----------------------------------------

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • That is just amazing!
    Wisconsin, lbge, MM, kab, pig tail flippers, bear claws, and more rubs than I will admit to.
  • DawnlDawnl Posts: 252
    Oh yum....note to self "make this at the cottage for the family and be a star"
    Ottawa Valley, Ontario
  • ZippylipZippylip Posts: 4,686
    I couldn't have come up with that cook in a million years but it looks damn good for not having any BEEF! 
    they're really good with beef too

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/970408/dizzy-pumpkin-sliders-happy-autumn#latest

104jpg

happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania