Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

OT - In Your Opinion, What's the Best Live Music Record of all Time?

My buddy and me been drinking.  We got to talking about live music and soon enough the question comes up: "What's the best live music record of all time?"  My buddy's kind of a hippy ans he says its Woodstock.

I gotta give it to Rockin' Robert.  Live Bullet is the greatest, IMHO.

What's your favorite?
Flint, Michigan

Comments

• SGHSGH Posts: 24,076
    What's your favorite?

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

Arsenal-Just a small wore out and broken down Weber kettle. No other means to cook at all.
    Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit
    The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 
  • That's a great record!
    Flint, Michigan
  • StillH2OEggerStillH2OEgger Posts: 1,909
    edited April 2017
    The three that jump to mind for me are The Eagles - Hell Freezes Over, The Rolling Stones - Stripped, and Nirvana - MTV Unplugged in New York. I also like the two you listed above, especially Seger.
    Stillwater, MN
    edited April 2017
    That's a great record!
    Saw the tour for that album December the 27th, 1977 in Baton Rouge La. at the Riverside Centroplex. 

Status- Standing by.

Arsenal-Just a small wore out and broken down Weber kettle. No other means to cook at all.
    The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 
    Another one of my all time favorites. For this album, Ronnie James Dio was at the helm. In my opinion, this live version of the song "Heaven and Hell" was the best version period. Better than both studio versions. Brother Dio nailed here. 

Status- Standing by.

• I saw KISS at Tiger Stadium in Detroit in 1996 for their reunion tour.  Great show!  The KISS Army was out in force that night!
    Flint, Michigan
  • FockerFocker Posts: 8,281
    edited April 2017
    Pink Floyd's Pulse is a constant on the Paradigms, my personal fave.

Zep's How The West Was Won is #2.

Nirvana, Eagles mentioned above are up there.

Metallica's Live Sh!t:  Binge and Purge, rounds it out.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• EoinEoin Posts: 1,524
    It's Alive, Ramones
  • epcotisbestepcotisbest Posts: 1,942
    Either one of these two. Totally different music for totally different moods. I guess I would give the nod to p.u.l.s.e. If I had to choose just one.

• WolfpackWolfpack Posts: 2,650
    edited April 2017
    Man in black-Folsom 
    Greensboro, NC
  • DoubleEggerDoubleEgger Posts: 11,964
    The greatest musical event of all time - Monterey. The duel between Jimi and Pete Townshend is legendary. 

• MotownVolMotownVol Posts: 464
    Rush - Exit Stage Left; Bob Seger - Live Bullet; Dire Straits - Alchemy
    Morristown TN, LBGE and Mini-Max.
  • WeberWhoWeberWho Posts: 6,340
    I'll take anything live from Dave Matthews Band over studio
  • LegumeLegume Posts: 8,212
    WeberWho said:
    I'll take anything live from Dave Matthews Band over studio
    Same goes for the Dead.
    Austin, TX
  • SalmoneggSalmonegg Posts: 76
    Daft Punk wholly remixing their back catalog at Bercy. Find the grainy crowd-shot footage on YouTube to see how wig-splitting this was in 2007. 
  • berndcrispberndcrisp Posts: 1,077
    Rockin the Fillmore - Humble Pie
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

• I'm kinda partial to Uncle Ted as well.

Flint, Michigan

• Here's another one from The Man in Black.  My Dad had this on 8 track when I was a kid.  It's pretty good bomb threat and all.  Oh, the back cover gave birth to a meme.

Flint, Michigan
  • .. and while I'm at it, another personal favorite!  Some people consider overrated, but I love this lP.  

D'you think I could interest you in a pair of zircon-encrusted tweezers?

Newtown Square, PA
  • saluki2007saluki2007 Posts: 3,791
    Corey Smith Live in Chattanooga is a great album. Wouldn't say greatest of all time, but in the state you were in when asking, this will do. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Morton, IL

• northGAcocknorthGAcock Posts: 10,036
    One more for the road by Lynard Skynard....features the best version of the Southern National Anthem....Free Bird.

What song ing is it you want to hear..... 
    Columbia, South Carolina with a Medium, MiniMax & a 17" Blackstone

Talk-in' 'bout, hey now! Hey now! I-ko, I-ko, un-day
    Jock-a-mo fee-no ai na-né, jock-a-mo fee na-né

• SP ... NO DOUBT!!  One of the all time greatest live recordings, ever.  GFR a super band that somehow does not get the props it deserves.  Led Zeppelin refused to let them open for them!!  Technically speaking .. meh ... but I'd guarentee you'd be out of your seat in a minute !!! Awesome! I was hoping someone would recommend this !
    D'you think I could interest you in a pair of zircon-encrusted tweezers?

Newtown Square, PA
  • CtTOPGUNCtTOPGUN Posts: 482
     Cheap Trick Live at Budoken was eye opening in middle school when it dropped. Springsteen "Plugged" was a more recent favorite of mine.

Jim
    LBGE/Weber Kettle/Blackstone 36" Griddle/Turkey Fryer/Induction Burner/Gasser/28" Blackstone Griddle

BBQ from the State of Connecticut!

Jim