Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dizzy Pig...Free Shipping

Options
2»

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    Tony_T said:
    Same here, Feb 2019 on my order a few weeks ago, but the rubs don't "go bad", they may however loose some "freshness" — (edit: as @Legume said!)   

IIRC, Dizzy didn't have a "best by" date in the past, but added it due to many customers (me included) asking how long they last.
    I member a post from a couple years ago. I think Chris from DP commented about aging spices. But one of the points was how different spices loose their flavor faster than others. So even though an opened bottle of spice may still taste good after a year, it will have a shift in flavor.
    Here's a blog post from Chris on the topic. Edit - Not from Chris, from Mike.

http://dizzypigbbq.com/dizzy-tips-old-stale-ingredients-can-ruin-your-meal/
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,748
    Options
    This was great timing. I have enjoyed the others I have tried and have been wanting to try to the Mad Max and was intrigued by all the positive comments on the Mole so I picked up those and threw in a Red Eye Express for good measure. The free shipping was just the nudge I needed to pull the trigger.
    Stillwater, MN
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,735
    Options
    Thanks!!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I tried the Mole' as well. Was a huge hit with the whole fam. That is something cool that is not out there everywhere. I gave one of them away to a buddy tonight. I'll definitely buy more.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    I tried the Mole' as well. Was a huge hit with the whole fam. That is something cool that is not out there everywhere. I gave one of them away to a buddy tonight. I'll definitely buy more.
    Glad you liked it.
    I have used it a bunch on left over everything, and toss it into a tortilla.

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Brisket_Fanatic
    Options
    Thanks Darian! Would not have ordered otherwise but really wanted to try the Mole!

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Thanks Darian! Would not have ordered otherwise but really wanted to try the Mole!
    I gave away 2 bottles today, need to order more myself.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas