Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What should I expect to pay

Options
In Alabama .. Looking at potentially a Large BGE.. What is realistic expectations of cost.. The one dealer I'm not that fond of.. I about had a kitten in the middle of the store

Comments

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    DuckDogDr said:
    In Alabama .. Looking at potentially a Large BGE.. What is realistic expectations of cost.. The one dealer I'm not that fond of.. I about had a kitten in the middle of the store
    Just the egg or nest, plate setter, egg mates, ash tool etc. 
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,660
    Options
    I'd say $850ish

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    Make your way over to GA Mtn Eggfest on 5/20 and pick up a demo egg. That's as cheap as you are going to find one with a warranty, as far as I know. 
    Snellville, GA

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

While anecdotal, the two egg dealers I've spoken to in the last 3 weeks have been looking to deal.  Possible drop in sales?  Both dealers were throwing lowball #'s at me when I wasn't even asking.  

No way this would have happened even year ago.  Now they're offering eggfest prices.

Phoenix 
  • bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options
    blasting said:

While anecdotal, the two egg dealers I've spoken to in the last 3 weeks have been looking to deal.  Possible drop in sales?  Both dealers were throwing lowball #'s at me when I wasn't even asking.  

No way this would have happened even year ago.  Now they're offering eggfest prices.

Might be the right time to add a 2nd large to my Arsenal :)

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    If you are willing to wait until October the Eggtoberfest is a blast and you can drive home with one for a good discount. 

Also, I will be doing a duck gumbo that I'm sure you will appreciate. (And if you give me the heads up I'll reserve you some bacon wrapped stuffed Axis deer steaks)

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• DuckDogDr
    Options
    @Killit_and_Grillit what part of October and where??!! Sounds great !
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    It's the mothership's annual festival. Atlanta. Stone Mountain. It's the first or second weekend. If you google Eggtoberfest it will pop up. Tickets go quick but you can buy the Eggs they sell that are demo Eggs from everyone who volunteers for the event with special tickets. Since you are in AL it may be worth the travel. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• Kent8621
    Kent8621 Posts: 843
    Options

Not sure where you are at in Alabama, but I think I am heading down to auburn next weekend to their first eggfest, and they will have demo eggs at good prices. 

2 Large Eggs - Raleigh, NC

Boiler Up!!

• wocotiger7
    Options
    How much do demo eggs go for?

Myrtle Beach, SC

Large BGE, platesetter, cast iron grate, ivation meat thermometer

• pgprescott
    Options
    I would say 950 is a deal. 1050 price. If you can get a new L in a nest for 850, the guy is going out of business.
  • wocotiger7
    Options
    Dayum 

Myrtle Beach, SC

Large BGE, platesetter, cast iron grate, ivation meat thermometer

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Here is the info on Eggtoberfest. October 14th. 

Someone else also mentioned GA Mountain Eggfest

I would personally go to the GA Mountain Fest over the Eggtoberfest, especially if buying an demo. At Eggtoberfest you have to wait in a line of cars for a couple of hours to pick up your egg (or so I have read). 

One other tip is Roswell Hardare in Roswell GA will usually do a promotion the entire month of October and match the eggfest prices for new in the box eggs. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• DuckDogDr
    Options
    @Kent8621 I'm actually going to be off  :s problem is the wallet got nothing but dust and lent.
    im in the final stages of remodeling and it's already broke the piggy bank... About to break the big bank 
  • ToTheMax
    ToTheMax Posts: 150
    Options
    I would say 950 is a deal. 1050 price. If you can get a new L in a nest for 850, the guy is going out of business.
    Dunno, I got my LBGE + Nest for $852.68+tax in late '14 (had my receipt handy, since I filed a warranty claim not too long ago).  And that wasn't the deal of the year or anything crazy.

Are you saying prices have increased by $100-$200 in 2.5 years?
    Northern Virginia
    LBGE ~'14
  • mtasker
    mtasker Posts: 88
    Options
    I live in Decatur and bought a large from Allsports for 1000.  egg, nest, cover, 1 bag of bge lump, and looflight.
  • Kent8621
    Kent8621 Posts: 843
    Options

I understand that.  i have seen around $850 at eggfest's all over the place.  i know there is a good on it the Louisville area in august, and I think allsouth puts on in Birmingham later this year, just no date yet that I have seen.

2 Large Eggs - Raleigh, NC

Boiler Up!!

• Rte1985
    Rte1985 Posts: 304
    Options
    Got mine in Indiana at eggfest ( which I highly recommend even if you don't buy an egg at the event) $850 for large with nest. They didn't even cook on it so she was clean as a whistle taking her home! Regular 1100 @ dealer.
  • GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    Options
    DuckDogDr said:
    If you are near Birmingham I recommend Awards and Engravings in Hoover.
    They have always been cheaper than the high end patio places.
  • pgprescott
    Options
    ToTheMax said:
    Dunno, I got my LBGE + Nest for $852.68+tax in late '14 (had my receipt handy, since I filed a warranty claim not too long ago).  And that wasn't the deal of the year or anything crazy.

Was in fact a crazy deal, the eggfest eggs and Ga Mnt are 900. Used once and supplemented by the mothership. You git a great deal. Your dealer must sell them for the fun of it. No money at that price. That's the egg price alone. he gave you the nest.
  • ToTheMax
    edited March 2017
    Options
    ToTheMax said:

Was in fact a crazy deal, the eggfest eggs and Ga Mnt are 900. Used once and supplemented by the mothership. You git a great deal. Your dealer must sell them for the fun of it. No money at that price. That's the egg price alone. he gave you the nest.
    Interesting. I'm guessing he makes the money on accessories then...

I walked out spending more than that obviously (who buys an egg without accessories???), but I could've just walked out with just the egg+nest.

When I asked him why I should buy from him instead of his competitor dealer 15miles away, he said he's the biggest seller of eggs within (I forget?) maybe 150 miles of my house (hence he gets shipments all the time and can get replacement parts pronto). 

ETA: That was non-delivered, non-assembled price. If I wanted delivery and/or assembly it was more (can't remember now how much).
    Northern Virginia
    LBGE ~'14
  • johnnyringo
    Options
    I just bought my first BGE off Craigslist.  Got a Lg Egg, with nest, and mates, all NIB for $750.
  • ToTheMax
    Options
    I just bought my first BGE off Craigslist.  Got a Lg Egg, with nest, and mates, all NIB for $750.
    But you don't have a warranty, which is huge IMO.
    Northern Virginia
    LBGE ~'14
  • johnnyringo
    Options
  • ToTheMax
    Options
    Incorrect! 
    Elaborate?
    Northern Virginia
    LBGE ~'14
  • jeponline
    jeponline Posts: 290
    Options
    ToTheMax said:
    Incorrect! 
    Elaborate?
    I'm assuming NIB means new in box.  You can register an egg that hasn't been registered with the mothership and they'll honor the warranty.
    Large BGE
    Huntsville, AL
  • ToTheMax
    Options
    jeponline said:
    ToTheMax said:
    Incorrect! 
    Elaborate?
    I'm assuming NIB means new in box.  You can register an egg that hasn't been registered with the mothership and they'll honor the warranty.
    It has to have been purchased through an authorized dealer though. And the warranty is for the original purchaser.

Craigslist is not an Authorized Dealer, AFAIK. And if someone else purchased it first, and is selling it on Craigslist (even if listed as NIB), then he's not the original owner.

http://biggreenegg.com/warranty/

I'm not sure how well they enforce it though, so maybe there are known loopholes.
    Northern Virginia
    LBGE ~'14
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    ToTheMax said:
    jeponline said:
    ToTheMax said:
    Incorrect! 
    Elaborate?
    It has to have been purchased through an authorized dealer though. And the warranty is for the original purchaser.

Craigslist is not an Authorized Dealer, AFAIK. And if someone else purchased it first, and is selling it on Craigslist (even if listed as NIB), then he's not the original owner.

I'm not sure how well they enforce it though, so maybe there are known loopholes.
    From the linked BGE document:

" For Warranty purposes, an original purchaser is the person whose name appears on the purchase receipt, or is in possession of an original purchase receipt, and who has registered their BGE Warranty as required."
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• ToTheMax
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    ToTheMax said:
    jeponline said:
    ToTheMax said:
    Incorrect! 
    Elaborate?

From the linked BGE document:

" For Warranty purposes, an original purchaser is the person whose name appears on the purchase receipt, or is in possession of an original purchase receipt, and who has registered their BGE Warranty as required."
    I can call out half a dozen places where your quoted line is voided by something else they said in their warranty document, what I'm asking about: how well do they enforce it and if this is a confirmed loophole?

This may change how I buy my 2nd egg (when I'm ready for that purchase...)
    Northern Virginia
    LBGE ~'14