Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Stupid decision-YETI..... customer service

2»

Comments

• billt01 said:
    if anyone was wondering....this is the sticker which defied all laws of adhesive...

Glad you clarified. At first. I thought you were simply trying to remove the "YETI" faceplate on the front of the cooler and took you for some kind of animal. 

I'm happy it ain't so. 

I have two Yetis (a Tundra 45 and a Roadie 20), neither of which were equipped with this sticker at the time of purchase.... thank goodness. 

Glad it all worked out. 
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,680
    nolabrew said:
    I dunno man, if you can't figure out a sticker you maybe should rethink whether you should be drinking alcohol? =)
    Alcohol is actually a pretty good solution for removing stickers.
    I keep a bottle of Pappy Van Winkle around for that.
    Big baller...

i just have have some Buffalo Trace
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    It would take me two hrs and a fifth, to approach, and move through these various sticker removing decision making points.  The buffer wheels were definitely spinning. Lol
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,446
    edited March 2017
    Big_Red said:
    Good on Yeti....

I bought two RTIC hard coolers during the fire sale January 2017 because I never could bring myself to spend Yeti money on a plastic box.  Well, both had manufacturing defects ranging from voids in the interior foam, to latches drilled off center, scratches/poor finish, crooked logo decals, and looked like you took a dremel to the cutouts for the latches.  I guess if you aren't very 'picky' about things it'd be okay... Both returned.

Then I went to my favorite BGE dealer (also Yeti) and bought a Yeti in about every color/size.  Stupid expensive, but it made me happy.  Blue 35, Tan 50, and White 65.  All seem to be great so far.
    Pics of the defects???
    Jacksonville FL