Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First attempt at APL beef tenderloin recipe

Options
I had to try out the APL tenderloin recipe I kept reading about - it did not disappoint!

I used a 2.3 pound choice tenderloin from Wegmans and cut into 3 pieces (to give some to a friend). Turned out great but I think next time I'll try to sear a little longer with the glaze (I did a reverse sear)

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Welcome. Looks mighty good to me. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • EggNorth
    EggNorth Posts: 1,535
    Options
    Welcome to the forum, great looking steak.  APL never disappointed me yet .. My favourite cookbook to date (Serious BBQ).  
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options
    Great looking cook!  My favorite cookbook as well.  Just got his Charred and Scruffed.  Can't wait to try some recipes out!
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    Nice.... always a favorite 
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    Great Minds. 
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,978
    Options
    Nice!  You sure you did a "reverse sear" though?  The recipe actually calls for a sear first to get some good char, followed by cooking over medium temps to finish.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Great job!
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • dromanoff37
    Options
    Nice!  You sure you did a "reverse sear" though?  The recipe actually calls for a sear first to get some good char, followed by cooking over medium temps to finish.
    Yeah, I didn't follow the recipe on that part and decided to modify it for the egg. I've been hooked on reverse searing since I got the egg last summer
  • dromanoff37
    Options
    Thanks and nice avatar...go heels!
    Nice.... always a favorite

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    It's a great recipe that spruces up a boring cut of meat. I use it almost exclusively now. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA