Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Chilean sea bass

Paul Prudhomme seafood magic, lemon juice, indirect at 450 for 30-35 minutes. Perfect texture and flavor. First filet on the Egg did not disappoint!

Comments

• Nice looking piece of fish, and welcome.
    Large BGE and MMX, both with platesetter and cast iron grid. Superpeel for pizza, iDevice for temperature.
    Cooking on the large in deepest, darkest England since Oct 2015. MMX added to the family Mar 2016.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff http://www.thecooksdigest.com
    --------------------------------------------------------------

• Welcome!!  That looks great !
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Sea2SkiSea2Ski Posts: 2,648
    450 indirect for 30-35 min??  Seems long, but I do not cook much fish on the egg.
    regardless, it looks delicious, and I do love sea bass!!  
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------
  • YukonRonYukonRon Posts: 12,238
    Very nice cook. Thick filet, did it go direct from fridge to grill?
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon said:
    Very nice cook. Thick filet, did it go direct from fridge to grill?
    Yes. Add the spice before placing on grill and squeeze some lemon juice on after 10 minutes

• Sea2Ski said:
    450 indirect for 30-35 min??  Seems long, but I do not cook much fish on the egg.
    regardless, it looks delicious, and I do love sea bass!!  
    I starting checking the filet with a fork after 25 minutes. The filet is thick so to cook all the way through takes time. But I find the thick cut gives that buttery texture that makes sea bass so awesome. Served with melted garlic lemon butter, but a mango salsa pairs nice as well
  • Nice looking piece of fish, and welcome.
    Thanks! Really enjoying the bge and the community is great

• Welcome!!  That looks great !
    Thanks!
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 18,737
    My #1 fish and you did not disappoint. Very nice cook. Like said earlier seems a little long but looks so very good...
    Salado TX Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 16,468
    Great crust on that delicious fish.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • smbishopsmbishop Posts: 1,966
    My wife's favorite.  Your cook looks fantastic!  I have had good success with raised direct, flipping often...
    Southlake, TX.  And any chance I get,  @ Cowhouse Creek - Gatesville, TX
  • lwrehmlwrehm Posts: 297
    Looks more like Patagonian Toothfish.