Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mowed the lawn!

Options
so busy this fall that the yard looked like a mess. Got the lawn mowed after we closed the shop today. Yes! Golf Tomorrow!

Comments

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Enjoying this great weather down here in central IL as well. No mowing necessary though. Just picking up the dog bombs. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Enjoying this great weather down here in central IL as well. No mowing necessary though. Just picking up the dog bombs. 
    Well that's a **** job! Cheers!
  • EggNashville
    Options
    Golf...grilling...and a decent pour of bourbon. How Sunday should be... :)

• pgprescott
    Options
    Golf...grilling...and a decent pour of bourbon. How Sunday should be... :)

Finishing a butt I cooked at the shop to boot!
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    Life looks very very good, enjoy. Had the mower out between our very unusual snow falls last month, using it more as a vacuum than a mower, but it did feel good. Cool, just under 50ºF here today, rain is a threat - but then in the PNW, rain is always a threat. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,383
    Options
    Gotta admit that when I saw the local Sunday forecast and the following few days in the 70's*F I called an audible.  Not that weather is a true influence, but getting hammered in 70*F weather is more fun than the 20's.  Thus the stick burner run Sunday with a selection of rib racks; beef back, pork back, and pork St Louis cut.  The cook will definitely be the most fun-eats will be just fine.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • pgprescott
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Gotta admit that when I saw the local Sunday forecast and the following few days in the 70's*F I called an audible.  Not that weather is a true influence, but getting hammered in 70*F weather is more fun than the 20's.  Thus the stick burner run Sunday with a selection of rib racks; beef back, pork back, and pork St Louis cut.  The cook will definitely be the most fun-eats will be just fine.
    I don't believe you! ;)
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    I tried to clean up my tailgate spot but @Jeremiah and @Dyal_SC kept clusttering it up with some great apps! I ate great! Thanks guys!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • pgprescott
    Options
    I tried to clean up my tailgate spot but @Jeremiah and @Dyal_SC kept clusttering it up with some great apps! I ate great! Thanks guys!
    Rats, you win again Robin! Oh well, now I'm good for a while. 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Got the lawn mowed.  I like the way you roll brother!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • pgprescott
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    I see what your doing  ;)
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    I see that Soundcast Melody in the background......those are nice!  I sold about a dozen each of the Outcast, Outcast Jr's, and the Melody's last year.  I kept a Melody for myself since it's the only one with the BT built in.  Man that big Outcast could blast you away though--pretty incredible device, but all the external transmitters and receivers you had to buy were ridiculous.  If they made all that built-in and it said Bose on the side, they would sell the hell out of them.

• lousubcap
    edited February 2017
    Options
    You outdoor high-end guys.  Here I am happy in dealing with cold supervisory beverages and the friggin fire.  Now we are into the cruise control/collision avoidance of fire driving.  At least if the easily distracted are only in their own yards the collateral damage is greatly minimized.  =)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    Not going to happen anytime soon here...  We spent the weekend in Ogdensburg and it is surprising to see that just under 100 miles north of Ottawa, they have almost no snow.

Options
    Nice green grass. I miss cool season grass. Bermuda sucks. 
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    I see what your doing  ;)
    I had some reservations when clicking on this thread because I thought there was a chance we were going to see a photo of some manscaping. Glad that wasn't the case. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Now, how'd the golf game go?
  • pgprescott
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Getting ready to leave the house. This ain't Kentucky, it's still cold in the mornin. Damn. 
  • bgebrent
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Getting ready to leave the house. This ain't Kentucky, it's still cold in the mornin. Damn. 
    I figured you were already out.  Enjoy the links and the smoke brother!
  • lousubcap
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Okay- @pgprescott - a pic of the above described cook as it is happening.  And I am working on LEO as the friggin weather gods missed the mark.  No worries, rocket fuel doesn't care.  

And yes, I am always monitoring the temperature differences in the stick burner-much more variance than the BGE.  But knowledge is power-too bad I dilute the info with rocket fuel. ;)
    Trust you enjoyed hitting the links.  Can't complain for Feb.  

• bgebrent
    Options
    lousubcap said:Liv
    Okay- @pgprescott - a pic of the above described cook as it is happening.  And I am working on LEO as the friggin weather gods missed the mark.  No worries, rocket fuel doesn't care.  

And yes, I am always monitoring the temperature differences in the stick burner-much more variance than the BGE.  But knowledge is power-too bad I dilute the info with rocket fuel. ;)

Living large Cap!
  • saluki2007
    Options
    Another great day here in central IL and looks it will be for the rest of the week. We took our daughter to wild life parrire park today. That's not too long of a drive for you @pgprescott. Ever been? 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Rained fairly hard for 10 minutes today - yep, while I was mowing the lawn.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Nice looking ribs Cap.
  • pgprescott
    Options
    Another great day here in central IL and looks it will be for the rest of the week. We took our daughter to wild life parrire park today. That's not too long of a drive for you @pgprescott. Ever been? 
    Didn't even know it was there. Looks quite nice. I'm sure the kiddo loved it. See any wild life?
  • pgprescott
    Options

bgebrent said:
    bgebrent said:
    I figured you were already out.  Enjoy the links and the smoke brother!
    Shot 83 and lost $3. I'll take that for first round in 3.5 months. I'd take this weather anytime. Unbelievable. I wore khakis but easily could done shorts. Wow! 

Oh, enjoyed one nice cigar while suffering through the spanking I took on the course. Woulda been worse, but we pressed the last two holes and made some quarters back. Lol. 
  • pgprescott
    Options

lousubcap said:

Looks great! Hope you got some company coming to help you with those bad boys!

I got drubbed at the course by a couple young collegiate type studs. It was very enjoyable non the less. Cheers! 
  • pgprescott
    Options

Legume said:
    Rained fairly hard for 10 minutes today - yep, while I was mowing the lawn.
    The ole Rodney Dangerfield treatment hey!
  • saluki2007
    Options
    Didn't even know it was there. Looks quite nice. I'm sure the kiddo loved it. See any wild life?

It's a great park for kids. Lots of birds (bald eagles, owls, hawks) bison, elk, cougars, Bob cats, foxes, coyete, wolf's. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• pgprescott
    Options

It's a great park for kids. Lots of birds (bald eagles, owls, hawks) bison, elk, cougars, Bob cats, foxes, coyete, wolf's. 
    Wow. I assume some of them caged?