Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dizzy Pig are poopyheads

Options
2»

Comments

• tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    I'd bet a cold beer the shipping charge is due to their shipping platform.  It can be a nightmare trying to match shipping specials through an entire website, especially for small companies that can't afford full time programmers.

it ain't as easy as it sounds.....trust me, I mess with it everyday.  

t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,497
    Options
    Wow.
    I posted that, partially in jest (I mean, c'mon...  "Poopyhead"?!?  ;) ).  Didn't mean to blow the place up!
    I got some free samples from my first order from them, and I have no doubt that if I called or emailed them they would refund the $4.94.  I do have to say, these are larger-than-normal jars, and most of it will probably age out before I use it all.  
    Guess I need to hit some Salados and NO fests so folks understand I have a weird, droll sense of humor; it doesn't always come across on the intranetz.  

"In the twinkling of an eye, I found myself without an office, without a seat, without a party, and without an appendix."  - Winston Churchill

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,359
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    ToTheMax said:
    ToTheMax said:
    When you called/email them to ask them why they charged shipping, what did they say?

Or is it easier to write a paragraph worth of ranting, than it is to pick up the phone and call them? (or open your email and shoot them a note)

ETA: I'll help - (703) 273-3580. 10AM to 5PM EST. Or click here for email.
    Not exactly a rant. He's in the wrong and knows it. He was just hoping for a free bee I think???? 
    He's in the wrong for posting the thread, sure. 

But he's not in the wrong with his request. They offered free shipping, they're going to use a box anyways, they can either comp him the shipping costs for the sampler packs, or at least reduce the cost to ship. All of which could have been taken care of with a simple phone call.

:i_dunno:
    "Then I saw a Sampler Pack of their "-ish" flavors, $6.65 + $4.94 shipping"

I dunno either????? 

If I clicked on that I would fully expect to pay the 4.95. I just don't get some things I guess. 
    Sure, if I went to their website and only ordered the sampler pack I would fully expect to pay the $4.94 shipping charge.

In @Botch case they sent it in the same box that required no additional shipping charge. I get the automaton aspect of whoever handled the transaction just grabbing the items off the shelf and plopping them into the same box and not having the awareness of "Hey, I'm dropping this little package into a box that we offered free shipping for already maybe I should go the extra step and comp the customer the separate $4.94 shipping charge for this little package of spice."

That's why I suggested that he email them and point that out and see if they would go "Yeah...that does seem kind of silly to charge a shipping fee let me refund that $4.94" or if they say "Didn't you read the sign ($4.94 Shipping) Sonny?".

Would be interesting to see which route Dizzy Pig would take. :)
    Your looking at it all wrong. First, they are eating the shipping cause they're moving. It's not like the shipping is actually free. Second, like mentioned earlier, it might not have been at the same facility and been a real pain to put together. Lastly, are you arguing they misled someone? Good grief! They would take the high road then they would talk about what a douche you are. 
    @Botch said they arrived IN THE SAME BOX which would indicate to me that they were packed/shipped from the same facility.

As seems to be your habit/practice you accuse me of saying things that just weren't said. I have no idea how anyone could parse what I said into implying I think Dizzy Pig misled someone.

Cheers.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    edited February 2017
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    HeavyG said:
    ToTheMax said:
    ToTheMax said:
    When you called/email them to ask them why they charged shipping, what did they say?

Or is it easier to write a paragraph worth of ranting, than it is to pick up the phone and call them? (or open your email and shoot them a note)

ETA: I'll help - (703) 273-3580. 10AM to 5PM EST. Or click here for email.
    Not exactly a rant. He's in the wrong and knows it. He was just hoping for a free bee I think???? 
    He's in the wrong for posting the thread, sure. 

But he's not in the wrong with his request. They offered free shipping, they're going to use a box anyways, they can either comp him the shipping costs for the sampler packs, or at least reduce the cost to ship. All of which could have been taken care of with a simple phone call.

:i_dunno:
    "Then I saw a Sampler Pack of their "-ish" flavors, $6.65 + $4.94 shipping"

I dunno either????? 

If I clicked on that I would fully expect to pay the 4.95. I just don't get some things I guess. 
    Sure, if I went to their website and only ordered the sampler pack I would fully expect to pay the $4.94 shipping charge.

In @Botch case they sent it in the same box that required no additional shipping charge. I get the automaton aspect of whoever handled the transaction just grabbing the items off the shelf and plopping them into the same box and not having the awareness of "Hey, I'm dropping this little package into a box that we offered free shipping for already maybe I should go the extra step and comp the customer the separate $4.94 shipping charge for this little package of spice."

That's why I suggested that he email them and point that out and see if they would go "Yeah...that does seem kind of silly to charge a shipping fee let me refund that $4.94" or if they say "Didn't you read the sign ($4.94 Shipping) Sonny?".

Would be interesting to see which route Dizzy Pig would take. :)
    Your looking at it all wrong. First, they are eating the shipping cause they're moving. It's not like the shipping is actually free. Second, like mentioned earlier, it might not have been at the same facility and been a real pain to put together. Lastly, are you arguing they misled someone? Good grief! They would take the high road then they would talk about what a douche you are. 
    @Botch said they arrived IN THE SAME BOX which would indicate to me that they were packed/shipped from the same facility.

As seems to be your habit/practice you accuse me of saying things that just weren't said. I have no idea how anyone could parse what I said into implying I think Dizzy Pig misled someone.

Cheers.

Fine. Much to do about paying what they agreed to pay? 
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    I really enjoyed the Mad Max Turkey Seasoning that Dizzy Pig put out last fall.  I shoulda bought another bottle of that.  Big hit around here!
    Flint, Michigan
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Sorry @botch but it's Friday bud. May as well step up to the guillotine willingly. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    I really enjoyed the Mad Max Turkey Seasoning that Dizzy Pig put out last fall.  I shoulda bought another bottle of that.  Big hit around here!
    I have already used mine twice on turkey. I hope it becomes a standard.
  • gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Sorry @botch but it's Friday bud. May as well step up to the guillotine willingly. 
    Plus 1. Friday and beer... 
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,168
    Options
    Botch said:
    Wow.
    I posted that, partially because it really chapped my hide.  I really should egg the place!
    I got some free samples from my first order from them, and I doubt that if I called or emailed them they would refund the $4.94.  I do have to say, these are larger-than-normal jars, and most of it will probably end up in @Focker 's trash before I use it all.

Guess I need to hit the sauce and NO fests.  Folks here have a weird, droll sense of humor; it doesn't always work on the intranetz.  
    Lol!  I didn't even see it was you :)  just looked like fun trollz thread.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • maso
    maso Posts: 240
    Options
    http://dizzypigbbq.com/specials-and-bundles/

The sampler pack is now on their free shipping page. Oops!
    Large BGE in Moore, OK
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,497
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    You're right; I'm a much easier target for the trumpanzees, after this past week.   =)

"In the twinkling of an eye, I found myself without an office, without a seat, without a party, and without an appendix."  - Winston Churchill

• JohnInCarolina
    Options

Look who just hit three racks with some DP Tsunami Spin!

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike