Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Firecraft

Options
13»

Comments

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Ace hardware has the KJs for 15% off today the large was $849 when I added it to my cart
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Lit said:
    Ace hardware has the KJs for 15% off today the large was $849 when I added it to my cart
    I can't tell if it's the new model or the old one
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,359
    Options
    Last I heard the new models were being released in mid-March. Ace may be discounting to clear out stock. Or maybe they do have new models for sale.

The new models will supposedly be more expensive but I haven't seen/heard what the new MSRP will be but I'm pretty sure it is more than the $999 ($849 w/15% discount) that Ace shows.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I wonder about that just a bit regarding taste difference.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Time for a blind taste test
    Naaah...we already know the results - nobody could tell the difference. :)
    Maybe if they used red bag KJ lump vs BGE lump there might be a difference?
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky