Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Slow Cooked Sheep recipe

Options
Any suggestions for cooking a leg of sheep long and slow on the EGG? 

Comments

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,765
    Options
    Lamb Hogget or Mutton?
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,765
    Options
    Never done mutton, but being an Armenian we are a lot of lamb, typically boneless , Our basic recipe , a good wine, rosemary time garlic and onion, marinate overnight..we would do ours on a rotisserie till 160 and slice. I imagine mutton could be taken longer wrap at 160 and take it to pull...don't know, bout don't see why it wouldn't...personally I would shy away from smoke as the meat is pretty strong on its own
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,757
    edited February 2017
    Options
    braise it on the egg, for the superbowl i did a curry type braise with some shanks.  this one i kinda winged, started with a small bottle of rogan josh curry sauce, sauted onions and garlic, red and yellow curry, vindaloo powder, chopped tomatoes, shredded carrots seranos, cardamon, sherry, i threw everything at it that was near me =) about 300 for 3 hours covered for 2. some really lousy flip phone pics

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it