Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Please Give me strength!!!

Options
Hntnhrd
Hntnhrd Posts: 713
i am headed to Costco with the wife this morning. I just can't stay out of the meat dept..!!! I think I may have a problem!!!

Comments

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    Pictures or it didn't happen! Let's see the haul ;)
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    You say "problem" - I say "opportunity" !
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    Going with SWMBO -  you have more patience than do I.  Figure on some back-lash so load on the extreme heavy side, then negotiate your way to where you want to land.
    Next time go solo-"better to beg forgiveness than ask permission."
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Ahh Costco, the "original" Meat Church. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

Once you have Costco under control, give restaurant depot a try.  You might just pop a vein.

Phoenix 
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    blasting said:

Once you have Costco under control, give restaurant depot a try.  You might just pop a vein.

My first trip to Restaurant Depot was in the heat of summer. Wearing shorts and a t-shirt I wondered the cold meat section in awe for 30 minutes...Next thing I knew I had no control of my fingers or hands...10 minutes later I was asked to leave for my own safety.lol
    Amazing place. Ha Ha
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Hntnhrd
    Options

Well I managed ok. Nothing really said "I had to buy"! There was a package of Rib eye caps that was tempting. I promised a buddy lamb for him and his wife next weekend. The racks just looked super puny . Like 3/4 inch thick max so I went with a boneless leg . They were on sale with an additional $5.00 per package. 
    I think they would either ban my or I would be customer of the month for f we had a restaurant Depot near us!!
  • Hntnhrd
    Options
    We did hit the bakery kind of hard though.: