Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Where to buy butcher paper

Options
Where are you guys getting your butcher paper?
I was hoping to find some local .

Comments

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    I bought mine on Amazon

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    Sam's Club 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Meeeshigan22
    Options
    Ordered some from fruita wood chunks, with a few batches of wood.
    Highland, MI

L BGE, Primo, and a KJ Jr
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Restaurant Supply. I use it for everything, prep table cover food wrap, gift wrap, making paper for air brushing and light paint work, etc.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,350
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Amazon 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• HofstraJet
    HofstraJet Posts: 1,156
    edited January 2017
    Options
    CGS also has it. Amazon sells small rolls of the "authentic" pink butcher paper.
    Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
    Twitter: @ Bags
    Blog: TheJetsFan.com
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    FYI ... while investigating different sources for butcher paper, do compare  the width and length of what you're buying.  Some seem to sell sample pack sizes.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• Kent8621
    Kent8621 Posts: 843
    Options
    I bought some at Sam's Club, cooked a whole brisket over the weekend, turned out amazing.  just make sure what you order is 40# paper to make sure it holds up.

2 Large Eggs - Raleigh, NC

Boiler Up!!

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,768
    Options
    If you want to overpay , buy the pink stuff on Amazon, otherwise Costco/Sams..color does not matter...that being said, after playing with butcher paper, I prefer foil..I use the paper for prep work and ease of clean up 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • SaintJohnsEgger
    Options
    Amazon and Restaurant Depot.
    Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,122
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Local commercial paper supply place.  1000ft for like $23 or something.  18" wide, wish I had gotten 24" wide.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • HofstraJet
    HofstraJet Posts: 1,156
    Options
    Local commercial paper supply place.  1000ft for like $23 or something.  18" wide, wish I had gotten 24" wide.
    So you're saying you wish you had a wider one?
    Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
    Twitter: @ Bags
    Blog: TheJetsFan.com
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Everyone does.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Yup, turns out length isn't key.  Width is key.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    I go to a restaurant supply store. They are usually pretty large rolls, but during deer season I leave one mounted over my prep station and between me and my buddies we will burn through 2 of them in 3 months. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,406
    Options
    You can get the boutique butcher paper from Aaron Franklin's web site.  That will definitely enhance the results.  ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Hntnhrd
    Hntnhrd Posts: 713
    Options
    Is there a quality difference between the pink and the white? Definitely a price difference
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Hntnhrd said:
    Is there a quality difference between the pink and the white? Definitely a price difference
    No, they are functionally equivalent.  Color only helps presentation.
  • feef706
    feef706 Posts: 853
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    Sam's Club 
    I didn't know sams sold it, is it in the same area as the aluminum foil? I will pick some up this weekend.
  • feef706
    feef706 Posts: 853
    Options
    Is this the one you Sams Club shoppers have used? It says 40#, but isn't the "wider" roll...  =)
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Isn't there  a website that sells a ton of the pink stuff for only a little ca$h?
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,406
    Options
    @thetrim - are you sure you aren't talking about the Mustang Ranch in Nevada??  =)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    edited January 2017
    Options
    webresraurant store sells it cheap but shipping is expensive. I think if you are buying multiple rolls it is worth it but for just 1 roll it is on par with Amazon. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• thetrim
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @thetrim - are you sure you aren't talking about the Mustang Ranch in Nevada??  =)
    Haha.  Only you Navy guys would know of that place!!!
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • fairchase
    fairchase Posts: 312
    Options
    Is the stuff at Sam's food grade?
    I here people talking about using grocery bags. They aren't food grade .
    So if non food grade bags are ok I guess non food grade butcher / Kraft paper would work in a pinch ?
  • thetrim
    Options
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    fairchase said:
    So if non food grade bags are ok I guess non food grade butcher / Kraft paper would work in a pinch ?
    You pretty much just don't want wax coatings because they keep the paper from breathing.  Not that not-breathing would be so terrible as many people use foil, which certainly has a problem breathing.   Paper is mostly used to protect the bark when you're throwing it around, keeps bad smoke from contaminating your meat, does "crutch" it somewhat (keeps steam in and cooks faster). 

And for serving.  Great for crawfish boils too.  
    Options
    fairchase said:
    Yes
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Grocery bags aren't food safe?  I am shocked!