Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Average Cost of a Demo Egg?

Options
What is the average price of a demo Egg from the dealer?  They have two available at this time.  I'm waiting to hear back from the owner today.  I really don't need another large.  But....if the price is right, I have a feeling two Eggs will be on the deck this afternoon.

Comments

• tonyled
    tonyled Posts: 536
    edited January 2017
    Options
    i think i paid $700 for mine with stand and platesetter
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Two are great at Thanksgiving 

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • reload
    reload Posts: 267
    Options
    They are asking  $850.00.  I think my Egg will be sleeping alone again tonight.
  • DaveRichardson
    Options
    Look up www.mountainegg.com and you'll find the prices that are at the North Ga Mountain Eggfest this spring.

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    reload said:
    If they warranty that unit you are saving 300-400 (depending on what you get) and if that's out the door add another 75-100. Not too shabby. It's not like its worn out or something. Might want to reconsider.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Too damn high!!!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • OhioEgger
    OhioEgger Posts: 903
    edited January 2017
    Options
    $850 would be a typical Eggfest demo price around here for a Large with nest.
    Cincinnati, Ohio. Large BGE since 2011. Still learning.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    reload said:
    Counter offer with whatever you feel comfortable with. All they can do is say no. 
  • PirateBill
    Options

wouldn't a demo egg be unusable?

Fight like a man so you don't die like a dog

- Calico Jack Rackham

1,000 watt Sharp - 1.1 Cu. Ft. Mid-Size Microwave and one sweet steakager (retail 229$) 

Scruffy City a.k.a. Knoxville, TN.

• reload
    Options
    reload said:
    Counter offer with whatever you feel comfortable with. All they can do is say no. 
    I don't need another nest, so I'm going to offer him $600.00 tomorrow. 
  • reload
    Options

A demo Egg is more useful than unicorn shooting a rainbow out of it's rectum.   Just kidding, you got me PirateBill!
  • HofstraJet
    HofstraJet Posts: 1,156
    Options
    Just to be clear, when you say demo, is it used or just an assembled floor model?

Also, if it's new from a dealer, it still has warranty so I wouldn't expect a huge discount. The value will be in the freebies they throw in (PS, shelves, nest, etc.).
    Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
    Twitter: @ Bags
    Blog: TheJetsFan.com
  • pgprescott
    Options
    I would assume it's been cooked on, but with a warranty, eggmates, nest, PS etc.. it's a really good deal IMO. You are getting a slight discount on the egg and the rest for free. If that's out the door including tax you are saving 4-500. 
  • TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,338
    edited January 2017
    Options
    As others have said if that's out the door, it's not a bad price. Especially if the side tables are included. My LBGE demo came with the PS, nest, 10lb bag of lump and block starters.
    LBGE
    AL
  • reload
    Options
    They have been cooked on one time.
  • gonepostal
    Options
    I made a 3 hr road trip to pick up the mini max with the typical add ons for 479 plus tax. Drove it home in the box never used. Which finally gave me a chance to put one together. Large's were in the mid 700's. If i had it to do all over again...i would have probably left with another large. Good luck with your negotiating...
    Wetumpka, Alabama
    LBGE and MM
  • PirateBill
    Options
    reload said:

A demo Egg is more useful than unicorn shooting a rainbow out of it's rectum.   Just kidding, you got me PirateBill!
    Just wondering since all I use is my trusty Sharp microwave. Was going to make a joke like I didn't understand we were talking about a real grill I thought we were talking about a actual egg ... Decided against it due to it being a terrible joke.  

- Calico Jack Rackham

1,000 watt Sharp - 1.1 Cu. Ft. Mid-Size Microwave and one sweet steakager (retail 229$) 

• PirateBill
    Options
    A buddy of mine went to Egg Fest outside of Atlanta and picked up a  L Demo for I think 700 with plate setter and deluxe nest

- Calico Jack Rackham

• HofstraJet
    HofstraJet Posts: 1,156
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Can a dealer sell a demo egg (i.e, used, albeit once) with the BGE warranty or is that right reserved for Eggfest demo eggs?

PS - anyone else notice the eggs in the picture are in front of a washer/dryer? LOL
    Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
    Twitter: @ Bags
    Blog: TheJetsFan.com
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Can a dealer sell a demo egg (i.e, used, albeit once) with the BGE warranty or is that right reserved for Eggfest demo eggs?

PS - anyone else notice the eggs in the picture are in front of a washer/dryer? LOL
    Dealer can sell an Egg at what ever price they want. They might be restricted on how low a price they can advertise a sales price.

Lots of Egg dealers also sell appliances, plumbing and pool supplies to name a few.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • OhioEgger
    OhioEgger Posts: 903
    Options
    Apparently, a dealer can do what they want. I was at an Eggfest a number of years ago and commented to the dealer hosting it that I would love to get a Small, but I had never seen anything but Large and XL used as demos at a fest. He didn't blink an eye, but said he would gladly order a Small for me if I paid for it that day and give me the 20% discount he used for Eggfest demos. That's what I did, and when it came in a few weeks later I just went in and picked it up. Good deal. I later sold that Small to a friend for a bit less than I had paid, so everyone was happy.
    Cincinnati, Ohio. Large BGE since 2011. Still learning.
  • Dave in Florida
    Options
    Sunshine State Eggfest demo price is $699.00  

https://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com/demo-eggs.html
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
  • pgprescott
    Options
    Sunshine State Eggfest demo price is $699.00  

https://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com/demo-eggs.html
    They make money on the tickets. The Eggs, No money.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,396
    Options
    Ya never know til ya ask.  I picked my SBGE with the dealer sponsored eggfest (L&XL were on the advertising) discount by asking like @OhioEgger.  Brand new-fully assembled, nest and  with some BGE lump and starter cubes.  Good luck.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.