Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Butt, sans anus.

Options
Sardonicus
Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
edited January 2017 in Pork

We used Louisiana Hot Sauce as an adherent for the rub for Wednesday's butt.
(Not our idea.  Someone mentioned it here a few weeks ago.  He/She
cited Aaron Franklin.)

Applied Hot Sauce and Rub the night before.
(Fat side DOWN, that night.)

Sometimes, you have to get your butt out before dawn.

I pulled my bone out when the butt was done.

Don't have any quality pics of my pork after pulling.
(Insert entendre here.)

IMO, using the hot sauce was a good idea.  All of the heat/tang is in the bark, so once you pull your pork, your tang is thoroughly mixed in with the meat. 
Even then, a sensitive spouse or guests may complain about the heat, but don't worry about it.
After what took place today, we're all gonna die!

:)  =);)

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Fine looking grub. Anus would have put it over the top though ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    Serious question, how do you make the pics move like that?

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    edited January 2017
    Options

Giphy.com is one of many sites that allow free GIF (slide show) construction.
    It's pretty intuitive.  A Trump supporter could do it.

Under supervision.
     :) 

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• SGH
    Options
     A Trump supporter could do it.

You get that one for free since you used anus in the title ;)

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    I'm bumping this because it had anus in the title. I want the word to get around. 

Status- Standing by.

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,348
    Options
    Nice. I use Louisiana Hot Sauce on my french fries. Have to give it a try on my next pork butt.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Louisiana is better than Tabasco IMO, not that it matters in the fog of bark (where your ingredients are transmorgified <invented word> into something...different).

Melinda's is made in Costa Rico and, PR, or somewhere....sold everywhere, I think, and I just never find anything as good, to me.  And I try all the time.  I'll go through a bottle a week or two.
    Options
    Louisiana is better than Tabasco 
    Have you tried them both on anus by chance?

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    SGH said:
    Louisiana is better than Tabasco 
    Have you tried them both on anus by chance?
    I have, but only on exit.
    edited January 2017
    Options
    In the new world order, where political correctness is the antithesis of, ummm, the predominant vernacular-turned-mainstream jargon of the silent majority, we must be precise in describing our cooks regarding the addition or absence of such ingredients as "anus".  I know, I know...I'm not that enthusiastic about it either, but I don't want to be caste (pun regarding good ol days Indian socioeconomic class) into the social gutter.  (lose my job, home, etc.)

Sooooo....Get used to it.

I apologize to all my Jewish brethren, but it's "America First".  Or was it "Fist".  I'm super confused.  Also pickled.
    Options
    Looks great as usual