Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Comments

• RedSkipRedSkip Posts: 1,397
    Dam-age, that looks great!  Nice cook.
    Large BGE - McDonald, PA
  • YukonRonYukonRon Posts: 14,571
    My very favorite cook. Wings/Ribs = perfect.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • asagersasagers Posts: 18
    And the ribs just came off 
  • jabamjabam Posts: 1,829
    That looks awesome!! Any leftovers? Sorry @SGH
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • Good gracious wowzers. I'm floored. Amazing cook. I gotta get me one of them AR's. 

Do do you feel confident sticking the temp prob in such a small piece of meat? I temp check with my thermapro but would make it easy to slap one of the CyberQ probes in a wing. 

XLBGE 
  • Great looking food!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
    jabam said:
    That looks awesome!! Any leftovers? Sorry @SGH
    Thanks, and no, unfortunately. It all went quickly!
    Yeah, the AR is awesome! I highly recommend it. I didn't cook the wings with the temp probe in the whole time. That was just checking them after 45 min. @ 275. Then I sauced them and put them back on for 15-20 min. 
    Good gracious wowzers. I'm floored. Amazing cook. I gotta get me one of them AR's. 

Do do you feel confident sticking the temp prob in such a small piece of meat? I temp check with my thermapro but would make it easy to slap one of the CyberQ probes in a wing. 

• awesome cook
    Bucks County, PA
    Minimax, XL, Flameboss 200, Roccbox

• damnedhooligandamnedhooligan Posts: 208
    asagers said:
    Bringing this post back from the dead cause I have an AR and was wondering what should go above...the wings or the ribs. Was thinking the drippings of the wings would make the ribs have some chicken fat taste. 

XL BGE with adj rig & woo2

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 31,307
    wings

wings
    But why? Are the ribs dripping more fat that would impart the flavoring of the wings?

chicken flavor is so neutral that chicken broth is used in thousands of recipes without "chicken" in the name.  It's as ubiquitous as vegetable broth.  You will not notice it, at least in an unpleasant way on the ribs.  Seasoning is a different story.

Ribs typically have a much stronger flavor...any pork, really.  Is there a chicken version of bacon?  No.  

Anyway, that's my opinion of how to configure with one thing dripping on the other, given you stick with stereotypical seasonings, without people noticing. 

They are both loaded with fat, I would say leaf lard is more neutral than any chicken fat, but it's not leaf lard on the ribs and a toss up here.

• mlc2013mlc2013 Posts: 988
    im a fan of chicken on top as well
    looks delicious
    Long Island NY    
    1 XL BGE 12/17, 1 LG BGE 3/18, 1 MM BGE 3/18
  • marlucmarluc Posts: 1
    Hi all.  If you could do it space-wise with the ribs, any reason not to go half wings/half ribs on each grid?  Obviously like proteins on top of each other.
    chicken flavor is so neutral that chicken broth is used in thousands of recipes without "chicken" in the name.  It's as ubiquitous as vegetable broth.  You will not notice it, at least in an unpleasant way on the ribs.  Seasoning is a different story.

Ribs typically have a much stronger flavor...any pork, really.  Is there a chicken version of bacon?  No.  

Anyway, that's my opinion of how to configure with one thing dripping on the other, given you stick with stereotypical seasonings, without people noticing. 
    Makes total sense! Thank you 

marluc said:
    Hi all.  If you could do it space-wise with the ribs, any reason not to go half wings/half ribs on each grid?  Obviously like proteins on top of each other.
    I dont see a reason not to...check this post out
    https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1205678/ribs-and-wings