Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Easy, low-carb low calorie lunch.

Turkey burger topped with sauteed onions, jalapeno peppers, cheese and hot sauce. Served with a wedge of cabbage drizzled with Italian dressing and dusted with black pepper. Very tasty and less than 500 calories and about eight grams of carbs.

Comments

• epcotisbestepcotisbest Posts: 1,971
    Not a lot of interest and zero comments on lunch, so here is dinner. Tonight I had wings, this time with a marinated coleslaw using a Citrus Vinaigrette dressing. It was very tasty and so much lower in fat and calories than if I just made coleslaw with mayo.

• WardsterWardster Posts: 1,006
    Where did the 8 carbs come from for lunch?  The dressing??
    Apollo Beach, FL
    Wardster said:
    Where did the 8 carbs come from for lunch?  The dressing??
    Yes, the dressing and the hot sauce. I used Tiger Sauce, which has some carbs.
  • Looks really good.  Once I get back on my feet I'm going to start healthy egging. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • RedSkipRedSkip Posts: 1,303
    @Wardster. Onions are high in sugar and cabbage has some too.  8 does seem high but who knows?
    Large BGE - McDonald, PA
    @epcotisbest. How is the LCHF way of life treating you?  
    Large BGE - McDonald, PA
  • cheeaacheeaa Posts: 299
    I just started doing low carb this week. The other night was the first time ever i had a blt with no bread. Haha.... wrapped the bacon with lettuce leaves.... holy crap whats happened to me. Anyway good luck! Your meals look great by the way.
    RedSkip said:
    @epcotisbest. How is the LCHF way of life treating you?  
    Not losing much weight right now, but my sugar numbers are improving. I got frustrated over the holidays and just ate whatever the heck I wanted. I paid for that with blood sugar going way high and staying high. Now that I am eating more like a type-2 diabetic should eat, my numbers are improving. My fault. I did not eat right and ignored my condition for about a month. Back on track now, and watching the carb intake really makes a difference.

cheeaa said:
    I just started doing low carb this week. The other night was the first time ever i had a blt with no bread. Haha.... wrapped the bacon with lettuce leaves.... holy crap whats happened to me. Anyway good luck! Your meals look great by the way.
    You can do it. I find low carb eating is much easier than deprivation dieting and there is lots of variety. I have several things posted in the weight loss forum. Check them out.
  • cheeaacheeaa Posts: 299

cheeaa said:
    You can do it. I find low carb eating is much easier than deprivation dieting and there is lots of variety. I have several things posted in the weight loss forum. Check them out.
    Lol dude its like a low carb cook book over there. Nice job. I read the coffee one and i used to dump sugar in but have gone just black the past week.  I wont go back...  =)

Anyway ive just started so im still pumped up on it, but gotta admit its hard with stuff like this just sitting on my counter.  

• SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 9,887
    Lunch and dinner both look great. I am doing low carb as well and no alcohol. I thought no alcohol would be hard but it is really not bad now that I have made it through the first weekend.

@Cheeaa - I would eat all the pepperonis off of the pizza on the left. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

ABT's are going to be your best friends!  The egg is perfect for LCHF diets:  Pulled pork, steaks, chicken, briskets, etc.  
    Large BGE - McDonald, PA
  • I went from 295 to 220 over the past 20 months. Could have been alot lower but I still like to have a beer and meat. The BGE  is either going to help or hinder my progress due to EVERYTHING being perfect on it!  
  • Starting my low carb run today. @epcotisbest I noticed you said you had some things posted in the weight loss forum, where do I find that. I'm interested in seeing some good low carb egg recipes with a "twist" for the BGE. 
    Chase2016 said:
    Starting my low carb run today. @epcotisbest I noticed you said you had some things posted in the weight loss forum, where do I find that. I'm interested in seeing some good low carb egg recipes with a "twist" for the BGE. 

• texaswigtexaswig Posts: 2,231
    Maybe check out this guy. He has videos on YouTube also. I'm just now starting with this kind of eating. https://www.amazon.com/Obesity-Code-Unlocking-Secrets-Weight/dp/1771641258
    Scott
    Greenville ,Tx

Xl bge with woo2 and ajustable rack
  • YukonRonYukonRon Posts: 12,446
    texaswig said:
    Maybe check out this guy. He has videos on YouTube also. I'm just now starting with this kind of eating. https://www.amazon.com/Obesity-Code-Unlocking-Secrets-Weight/dp/1771641258
    Cool post.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
    texaswig said:
    Thank you for this link.