Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hard Core Carnivore Black

Options
tikigriller
tikigriller Posts: 1,389
edited January 2017 in Beef
Just wanted to Highly recommend the rub. Incredibly good stuff. One of my favorite tasting Tri Tips I have had in a long time. I know it may be cooked more than most of you prefer, but it was perfect for us. I ate more than half of the entire Tri Tip myself. 

Hardcore Carnivore BLACK. Order a bottle. I doubt you will be disappointed!!!

Just bought an Egg?  Here is what you get to look forward to now:

Plate Setter, FlameBoss 200, Spider, PSWOO-CI, Additional Rig Shelf for dome cooking, Thermapen, iGrill2, Cast Iron, Blackstone, Cooking Accessories for the Blackstone, Cover for the Egg and the Blackstone, shopping for Rub like a fine wine or IPA, and a new fascination with lump and what brand is the best-all to be debated every Friday Night.  Next desires-Joetisceriie, Adjustable Rig, Grillmates, table and more eggs

Livermore, California

Comments

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,990
    Options
    Thank you for the recommendation. The cook looks awesome, I will have to try it.? any ordering details?
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • tikigriller
    Options

Plate Setter, FlameBoss 200, Spider, PSWOO-CI, Additional Rig Shelf for dome cooking, Thermapen, iGrill2, Cast Iron, Blackstone, Cooking Accessories for the Blackstone, Cover for the Egg and the Blackstone, shopping for Rub like a fine wine or IPA, and a new fascination with lump and what brand is the best-all to be debated every Friday Night.  Next desires-Joetisceriie, Adjustable Rig, Grillmates, table and more eggs

Livermore, California
  • VB_egger
    VB_egger Posts: 364
    Options
    I just read it has charcoal in it, did that do anything for the crust?  The red sounds good too. 
    VA Beach
  • tikigriller
    Options
    VB_egger said:
    I just read it has charcoal in it, did that do anything for the crust?  The red sounds good too. 
    Nothing any different than anything else I have used.  It's just a trip because it is all black.   I still reverse seared it for a total of about 10 minutes, but I only did it because I want to have a little crunch to my crust, didn;t do it for color, cause its all black!

Livermore, California
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    The cook looks awesome...
    Yes. Yes, she does.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,357
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    The cook looks awesome...
    Yes. Yes, she does.

I'd chew the fat off those legs
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Looks awesome Tiki.... will have to get some of that rub..
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,367
    Options
    I followed her on Twitter, cool chick. Haven't tried any products yet though. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • VB_egger
    Options
    Yea, I'm going to grab both bottles. I think the red sounds good, I like the coloring they say it gives as well. 
    VA Beach
  • Slabotnick
    Options
    I used it last Friday for the first time  absolutely loved it. Going to grill steaks this weekend with it  loved the crust it made reverse searing. Activated charcoal sounded odd but tasted great. @VB_egger
  • HoustonEgger
    Options
    Agreed - it's a great rub. It's basically just salt and garlic with some color contrast from the charcoal. Freaks people out 
    Formerly of Houston, TX - Now Located in Bastrop, TX
    I work in the 'que business now (since 2017)

6 Eggs: (1) XL, (2) Large, (1) Small, (1) Minimax & (1) Mini - Egging since 2007
    Also recently gained: (1) Gas Thing (came with the house), (1) 36" Blackstone Griddle & (1) Pitts & Spitts Pellet Smoker
  • tikigriller
    Options
    i waited until AFTER my wife ate it and said she loved it before I told her it was Charcoal!

Not my first rodeo!

Livermore, California
  • clifkincaid
    Options
    I really like it on pork steaks.
  • VB_egger
    Options
    All of you guys pics look great,, enough said I'm buying both. Thanks for the recommendations!
    VA Beach
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Gonna have to try some. And yeah, she seems like a cool chick. I could definitely hang out with her. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • maso
    maso Posts: 240
    Options
    How is it different from the char crust line?

that reminds me, I have some of that to use again. Wasn't sold the first time I used it. I think it's the hickory flavor. They have some good looking options tho. 
    Large BGE in Moore, OK
  • Slabotnick
    Options
    maso said:

that reminds me, I have some of that to use again. Wasn't sold the first time I used it. I think it's the hickory flavor. They have some good looking options tho. 
    I've never had Char crust. I don't really even know how to explain the flavor of this seasoning, other than I just really like it, has a good texture. It tastes very unique from other seasonings i've tried. The charcoal gives a slight crunch to it. I probably did a terrible job giving you any info. Just give it a try I think you'll be glad to you did. I need to get the Red.
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    maso said:

I love the original hickory! Love! 
  • Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Options
    The Red just came out recently. Haven't tried either of them yet.
    I guess I know what I can do with the powder in the bottom of the lump bag now.
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• ibanda
    ibanda Posts: 553
    Options
    Jess was at Camp Brisket last weekend and gave all the attendees a bottle of black. I will give it a try soon.
    "Bacon tastes gooood, pork chops taste gooood." - Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction
    Small and Large BGE in Oklahoma City.
  • Gravytrain84
    Options
    Just ordered the 3pack. Thanks for making me spend more money, BGE. Lol
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    For you Texas Eggheads...
    Stop by Buc-ee's. $8.99 a bottle but our store did not have the new Red yet.

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • HoustonEgger
    Options
    The red is a bit spicier and doesn't cover like the black does, but equally tasty. Used some on shrimp the other day and they came out great!

6 Eggs: (1) XL, (2) Large, (1) Small, (1) Minimax & (1) Mini - Egging since 2007
    Also recently gained: (1) Gas Thing (came with the house), (1) 36" Blackstone Griddle & (1) Pitts & Spitts Pellet Smoker
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    The red is a bit spicier and doesn't cover like the black does, but equally tasty. Used some on shrimp the other day and they came out great!
    Did you buy the Red local?
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • HoustonEgger
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    Did you buy the Red local?
    No I ordered it from her online store - since she ships from Austin it only took 2 days (including date of order)

• TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,338
    Options
    I need to order some of this, I'm always in the market for a good steak rub!
    LBGE
    AL
  • Gravytrain84
    Options
    The eagle has landed. Now it's time to cook some cow 

• HurricaneEddie1
    Options

just ordered both the Black and Red.  Looking forward to searing some filets with a bacon cream sauce I saw Wassi's post the other day on Instagram.

Cooking on a LBGE and MM down in Miami, FL.
  • tikigriller
    Options

just ordered both the Black and Red.  Looking forward to searing some filets with a bacon cream sauce I saw Wassi's post the other day on Instagram.

That is gong to be so good!

Livermore, California