Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Years Brisket - 53 days young !

Was given this 15- pound brisket by a friend ( a good friend). Been in vacuum pack in back of fridge since Nov 9th ( ~53 days ) in vacuum pack. Rubbed this morning with sea salt, fresh ground black pepper, paprika, cayenne, and a touch of Brisket Rub that I had left in a jar. Threw in a few hickory chunks to compliment the Rockwood !

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

Comments

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,121
    Way cool...never aged a brisket. Eagely waiting more photos and info.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Hntnhrd
    Hntnhrd Posts: 713
    Interesting eagerly waiting on finished product also!!
  • dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    I guess this one considered "wet aged"?

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,606
    Great looking brisket-I'm sure the wet age will enhance the final result.  But you are a brisket cooking machine.  Most fun cook you can have on the BGE.  Enjoy and the follow-on eats.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • dldawes1
    Oooh Yeeaahhh 14-1/2 hrs later.....

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    That's looking nice. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 10,020
    It doesn't look old...

Just looks awesome. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    That looks great, I have wet aged the last couple briskets they seem to cook faster. Did yours?

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • dldawes1
    Seemed like it cooked slower 14-1/2 hrs. These pics are cooled down. Didn't cut it at 4am! 

Pics look dry dry but it came back to life when heated up. What's a smoke ring? Lol !!

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,606
    Way to bring it home.  Congrats and Happy New Year.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.