Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OTish: Your Favorite/Best Blackstone Meal

Options
Well, I was finally able to pick up my Ebay second place Blackstone after my intense battle for one last week. http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1201748/ot-to-the-forum-member-trying-to-steal-my-blackstone/p1

Last night I wanted to break it in with a simple meal so we did beef and broccoli and fried rice after I seasoned it a few times and it turned out great. My buddy was over and he told me he is getting rid of his gas grill and getting one of these in it's place to put next to his Egg.  I made some pancakes and eggs for the family this morning with great results.  

Now I'm sitting here thinking, "what can't I cook on this thing?"  

So, I figured I'd ask the peanut gallery. What are your favorite things to cook on your Blackstone?

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

Comments

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,232
    Options
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    No pics but I did a japanese steakhouse cook; steak, chicken, rice, onions and mushrooms. Really want to do that again.
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Fajitas/breakfast/burgers(diner-style or smash).
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,827
    Options
    mostly bought it for smashburgers, these were duck egg burgers

Image result for burgers fishlessman

this was done in cast iron but would be great on the bs, chicken piccata

Image result for lemon chicken piccata fishlessman

we do a local breakfast sandwich called a monster, cook 2 slices of bacon, spread them out the width of a sub roll and drop an egg in the middle, cook them over easy, top with sauted onions, cheese, a slice of butter fried ham and into a toasted sub roll. add shredded lettuce and tomato and mayo and its now called a big rig

steak bomb subs is another one i like to do with thai marinated beef

do a google search on la plancha cooking
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    All things breakfast, casadillas,  philly cheese steaks and most sandwiches, perogies and sauerkraut,  quesadillas.  smashburgers and fried rice were already mentioned, and two of my favs.
    Phoenix 
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    @fishlessman Those duck egg burgers look great. 

(I tried to get these guys to spill the beans on where they were keeping their eggs this morning, but their lips are sealed. Guess I will have to try duck burgers with chicken eggs)

South of Nashville, TN

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    @blasting my wife has been asking me to do philly cheesesteaks for a while. What cut are you using for that and where are you getting it sliced? I couldn't find anyone around my area that would do it for me.

South of Nashville, TN

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    Restaurant depot.  I think its sirloin.  It is very thinly sliced and portioned (it is frozen/raw)
    Phoenix 
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    @blasting my wife has been asking me to do philly cheesesteaks for a while. What cut are you using for that and where are you getting it sliced? I couldn't find anyone around my area that would do it for me.
    Use 1/4" thick ribeye steak. Most butchers will cut you some or buy a small boneless roast and cut them yourself. Toss the whole thin cut piece on the griddle to sear for 30 seconds then hack them up with 2 stiff spatulas. Season after you hack it up, mix up with your veggies and top with cheese and cover with a domed lid to melt the cheese. Yummmm
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    @blasting thanks.  I went in to a few places around here and asked if they would freeze a ribeye or something and slice it for me and they looked at me like they couldn't possibly imagine why someone would do that. 

I think there is one in downtown Nashville. I'll check it out.

South of Nashville, TN

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    edited December 2016
    Options
    For philly cheesesteak I would recommend getting a small boneless ribeye roast (or bone in and cut the the ribs off yourself).  Freeze it for a little while, and then slice it thinly. This would be a good time to do it because they are likely still on sale everywhere.  

I recommend using white american cheese, or a combination of white american and provolone. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Moleman
    Moleman Posts: 372
    Options
    Trader joes has great shaved steak. Blasting, which brand at the depot as I've seen more than one? Thanks
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Costco has great shaved beef in the freezer section. Steak-eze is the brand. It's choice sirloin, I believe.
  • outrageous
    Options

Large egg and mini max egg plus a Blackstone griddle

South Ga. cooking fool !!!!!!!!

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I tore the ass out of Japanese steakhouse tonight. So much fun.  My phone died in the middle so only go a few pics. I can tell you this,
    TFJ and I were both hustling the grill and it was a fast, tough cook to get everything done on time and in order. Those dudes earn every penny!  Tough cook but loads of fun. We did prime ribeye, lobster tail and fried rice. I put all the meat on one board and the steak butter ran down to the lobster tail end. There was a heated discussion on who got the last nugget of bloody buttery lobster. Loved it. 

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Smash burgers and stir fry.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,733
    Options
    I tore the ass out of Japanese steakhouse tonight. So much fun.  My phone died in the middle so only go a few pics. I can tell you this,
    TFJ and I were both hustling the grill and it was a fast, tough cook to get everything done on time and in order. Those dudes earn every penny!  Tough cook but loads of fun. We did prime ribeye, lobster tail and fried rice. I put all the meat on one board and the steak butter ran down to the lobster tail end. There was a heated discussion on who got the last nugget of bloody buttery lobster. Loved it.

Dayum!! You're breakin' that thing in the right and proper way.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    caliking said:

Dayum!! You're breakin' that thing in the right and proper way.

Dude. Fun, fun, fun! The steak was killer too. Way more fun than a gas grill. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX